Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,283   Online: 1108

Images

Photo Impressionism by Freeman Patterson

Has anyone read this book? I am a huge fan of Patterson. SOme of his impressionistic stuff rocks. I have all of the rest of his books but I have always been hesitant to buy this one as it is definately not the way I shoot. Lately things have been changing so I have been thinking about it. According to the book's description their is no computer work involved.

To see examples go to his website and click on prints

www.freemanpatterson.com
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mark,
    Why be hesitant to pick up this book? The man is very talented and is just expanding his arena. Not to be a smartass but perhaps by having the book around you may expand your horizons also.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've read his work.. very *VERY* good. I wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to recommend it.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Images
    I have all of the rest of the books and truely admire the work and the information but as funds are tight I am hesitant to spend the money on anything that might suck. Hence the request for thoughts. I will most likely pick it up.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm really not a great fan of Patterson but I've read the four or five books in the set that includes "Photo Impressionism". Of the set, I like that book the best. Since you're a fan, I would certainly recommend that you read it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin