Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,372   Online: 1073

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Way beyond monochrome, what a read!!!!

Yesterday I picked up a copy of this book by Lambrecht and Woodhouse. And I'm glad I did. It's 300 pages worth of valuable knowledge on B&W-printing.

A couple of years ago Tim Rudman's excellent books were the reason for my reignited interest in B&W-printing and just for that they were worth every penny. After gathering a lot of info here on apug "Way beyond monochrome", I hope, will lift my printing to a higher technical quality. In short, a recommendation for this book.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An excellent book, and one I thoroughly enjoyed. If you haven't done so already, pick up Les McLean's "Creative Black and White Photography." It's probably the only book that I enjoyed more than "Way Beyond Monochrome", and it is definately the only photo book that I own that never gets put on the shelf.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ralph Lambrecht is a frequent contribuitor to the Pure-Silver list and he and Chris Woodhouse have a site with considerable articles and information availabel:
    http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/ktphotonics/wbm.html

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder
    Yesterday I picked up a copy of this book by Lambrecht and Woodhouse. And I'm glad I did. It's 300 pages worth of valuable knowledge on B&W-printing.

A couple of years ago Tim Rudman's excellent books were the reason for my reignited interest in B&W-printing and just for that they were worth every penny. After gathering a lot of info here on apug "Way beyond monochrome", I hope, will lift my printing to a higher technical quality. In short, a recommendation for this book.....

I glanced through it at the bookstore a few months ago. I did not detect any substantial errors.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a good read, and so happens I purchased it along with Les book so you can guess I find them both first rate and recommend them to anyone interested in B&W photography. To find out more about Ralph Lambrecht check out his site... http://www.darkroomagic.com/ or Chris Woodhouse can be found http://www.ktphotonics.co.uk/main.html

Just like cameras or lens, we can never have to many good books.
    Mike C

Rambles

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin