Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,466   Online: 742

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INKED Magazine

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    I am trying to figure out how two magazines, that were so close in release date, ended up getting the same name?

Dave
    I had the name years ago, and incorporated under "Inked Magazine" in November, 2002. Something tells me that this other Inked didn't do that. They're due out in the fall according to their website "www.inkedmag.com"

The term Inked comes from the publishing world where unpublished writers get published...they get inked. The same terminology can be applied to use when publishing unpublished photographers...they too, get inked. That was the purpose behind the name...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by inkedmagazine
    I wish everything could be delivered within a day of printing. It would certainly make my life a LOT easier. I may offer that option to those who wish to receive the magazine at a more quicker pace.
    That is an interesting idea. I live in Hawaii, and I generally get magazines a month or more after people on the mainland, primarily due to 3rd class mailing - hence, I only subscribe to magazines that I can't buy at the local bookstores (I'm still waiting on the latest LensWork and ViewCamera to arrive - probably sometime next month).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Where?

I was just at a Barnes and Noble in Westport ,Ct and the magazine is not on the computer list of magazines. This is only one state away from NYC so what gives.
    If I can't see it first I won't subscribe. Update??
    Tahnks, Peter

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by inkedmagazine
    I had the name years ago, and incorporated under "Inked Magazine" in November, 2002. Something tells me that this other Inked didn't do that. They're due out in the fall according to their website "www.inkedmag.com"...
    Maybe you can stop them from using the same name. If people do a search and are inquiring about your magazine it becomes confusing. Also if for some reason the other magazine gets a bad reputation it can't help.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by peters
    I was just at a Barnes and Noble in Westport ,Ct and the magazine is not on the computer list of magazines. This is only one state away from NYC so what gives.
    If I can't see it first I won't subscribe. Update??
    Tahnks, Peter
    Ok, I just called that B&N and even though my list says they've recieved copies of it, they don't show that they have any...even when I gave them my UPC code. For some reason my list doesn't give me the address for the B&N in NORWALK and WESTPORT. I do have addresses for Danbury, Fairfield, and New Haven. Inked is not distributed to every single Borders and Barnes and Noble, not yet anyway.

Save yourself the gas and buy a copy off of my website. I send my single copies out Priority Mail and have a bunch to send out tomorrow. www.inkedmagazine.com/inked/single.html.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Is this guy a sponsor? If not, why is he hawking his wares on the sponsor part of the site? So far, all he has done with the exception of one post about his buying a camera is talk about how good his magazine is and after seeing the first copy, there is no way in hell well I ever buy another. This guy is abusing this site.

lee\c

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Is this guy a sponsor? If not, why is he hawking his wares on the sponsor part of the site? So far, all he has done with the exception of one post about his buying a camera is talk about how good his magazine is and after seeing the first copy, there is no way in hell well I ever buy another. This guy is abusing this site.

lee\c
    Hey, Lee, go look at my second issue and you'll see what everything's about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was thinking about subscribing until I went to the website and saw that _Inked_ will include digital photography. There are dozens of magazines I can read for information concerning digital photography. If you concentrated on traditional photography, including the older "alternative" processes, you would have something unique and I would definitely want it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy
    I was thinking about subscribing until I went to the website and saw that _Inked_ will include digital photography. There are dozens of magazines I can read for information concerning digital photography. If you concentrated on traditional photography, including the older "alternative" processes, you would have something unique and I would definitely want it.
    Having subscribed to inked (eagerly awaiting my first copy) and also downloaded, printed out and scrutinized the first issue, I would say the emphasis is clearly on art photography and creative expression and absolutely NOT on technical "how to" articles or on any particular technology to the exclusion of any other. People can sneer at digital all they want on this website, they can claim vast advantages for traditional methods, others who are not technological fanatics don't see it that way and it would be commercial suicide to try to force them to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington
    Having subscribed to inked (eagerly awaiting my first copy) and also downloaded, printed out and scrutinized the first issue, I would say the emphasis is clearly on art photography and creative expression and absolutely NOT on technical "how to" articles or on any particular technology to the exclusion of any other. People can sneer at digital all they want on this website, they can claim vast advantages for traditional methods, others who are not technological fanatics don't see it that way and it would be commercial suicide to try to force them to.
    Interesting that you characterize this as a website where we "fanatics" sneer at digital methods--and yet you're here, and _Inked_ magazine is here trying to reach potential subscribers among us presumed Neanderthals. I find that odd. And, incidentally, your remarks might justly be characterized as a "sneer" at the sort of people who use this website.

Surely the existence of APUG is proof that there is a market (I don't pretend to know how big a market) for a publication oriented to hand-made prints, instead of inkjet prints which can be cranked out by the dozens and dignified as "giclees" to the unwary. Those who want to see inkjet prints have their choice of dozens of magazines. It would be nice to have just one which is restricted to traditional hand-made art, including cyanotypes, platinotypes, gum prints and all the other sorts of beautiful prints which people on this site are producing. One might expect that a magazine which is being marketed on this site would have that orientation. This is a strange place to be pushing the notion that art is art and how one gets there doesn't matter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin