Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,099   Online: 933

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Edward Weston´s Daybooks

I just finished the ´Mexican´ daybook and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It sure does shine a new light on Weston as a man and human.

I highly suggest it.
    Last edited by david b; 06-07-2005 at 03:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Somewhere in these books Weston relates how he was doing a multi-second
    exposure of some shells (I may have the subject matter wrong), and clumsily
    managed to knock the subject material over. He quick closed the shutter, and
    then developed the film even though the exposure time was about half of what he
    calculated. To his great surprise, he found the resulting negatives perfectly
    exposed.

This story has been a source of comfort to me, as I battle to calculate my large format
    exposures correctly....even Weston could get it wrong. The other moral of the story is
    that a mistake can be just the thing you need.....
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    He struggled with photography in his early thirties. And in this daybook he complains constantly about photography, money and women. I know how he feels.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin