Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,047   Posts: 1,560,997   Online: 1116

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Emulsion Photo Contest

Not to beat a dead horse but do we have a winner yet in the contest Emulsion Magazine is sponsoring? The rules say that the notification of the winners will be made on May 7th. That date has come and gone. Only word is that one judge would not take the time to send the prints to the next judge. Since I dont have a dog in this fight (not entered) I suppose my questions might be considered not pertinent. But inquiring minds want to know.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee I have kept especially the chat room aprised of what was happening. We don't know yet. In fact As far as I know it has stalled once again aiting for it to be transfered to the last Judge. Thursday I will spend the day in Monterey and get the damn thing finished. One thing I have learned about this, is not to put a specific time on the judging. For the 43 people who entered, this has turned into a nightmare for me.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Aggie
    As one of the 43 and probably the contest winner I will gladly wait until you sort out the contest. Do not even sweat it as these things do take their time.By the way will you be needing my picture for the magazine article on the winning photo's?
    take your time
    Bob

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    thanks for the quick reply

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    It was suppose to be an easy way to raise money for the magazine, but it seems that nothing in life is as easy as you hoped. Sorry for all the problems; but, in the end, the 1st issue should be a moment of satisfaction & euphoria shared among your staff. We subscribers will enjoy the fruits of your efforts.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Lee I have kept especially the chat room aprised of what was happening. We don't know yet. In fact As far as I know it has stalled once again aiting for it to be transfered to the last Judge. Thursday I will spend the day in Monterey and get the damn thing finished. One thing I have learned about this, is not to put a specific time on the judging. For the 43 people who entered, this has turned into a nightmare for me.
    It is unfortunate indeed that it has turned out to be a nightmare, I do wish you all the luck in the world Aggie, I have been there and done it, the magazine business is a tough one.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got word the transfer was made this morning to the last judge, and he has no other pressing things, or a full time job to contend with. It could be like the Jackson trial,......any moment now!
    Non Digital Diva

Images
    Not Guilty on all counts!!!
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    As one of the 43 and probably the contest winner I will gladly wait until you sort out the contest.
    Hey wait a sec...not fair. Have you seen the resources this guy has?

Art (Don't know why I'm whining, I didn't even enter! Or yet to subscribe to Emulsion either... :o)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Maybe next year the magazine can have the submissions by CD's or slides. Many galleries and other contests are run this way. A lot of people are reluctant to send in their actual prints but will have no problem with the media. The amount of submissions will be much higher, probably 4 or 5 times as many, and would raise more money. One of the galleries where I am a member has a few contests for shows each year. The national contests where media is submitted receive a few hundred entrées. The one they they require actual prints gets a few dozen. When the winners are notified they are asked to send in the actual prints. Works very well. The director allows for the few prints they never receive. They give themselves plenty of lead time. He has been doing this for many years and has learned by his mistakes.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin