Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,480   Online: 1078

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Edward Weston in Rochester Show?

I'll be in Rochester in a couple of weeks to see if George Eastman has rolled over in his grave yet. Then, I'll be going over to his house to see "Edward Weston: A Photographer’s Love of Life".

Through the past 30 years, I have seen several EW shows and some of them were really great (Sarasota, Camden,) and some were really boring (Boston, Chicago).

So, has anyone here seen the Rochester show yet? Your impressions?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    I'll be in Rochester in a couple of weeks to see if George Eastman has rolled over in his grave yet. Then, I'll be going over to his house to see "Edward Weston: A Photographer’s Love of Life".

Through the past 30 years, I have seen several EW shows and some of them were really great (Sarasota, Camden,) and some were really boring (Boston, Chicago).

I saw that show in Portland, Oregon, about 6 months ago. I enjoyed it a lot. Be sure to check out the picture of the halved artichoke. And the cabbage leaf. Beautiful.

But I will say the the reproductions in the accompanying book are not good at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier

Daniel:

I have not been yet, but will before the show is struck. I live in Rochester, moved here from Stratford, ON, so if you want to meet and go together, let me know. I promise not to discuss the Leafs eliminating the Senators from the playoffs so many times...

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin