Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,842   Posts: 1,582,636   Online: 1049

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Hey! I can post something in the "Shows" forum

I got my show up today! Just a local Library but it has been a long time since I have put anything creative out there. I had the luxury of plenty of prep time and actually kept to schedule so it went up on site as smooth as glass. 30 prints hung in a few casual hours. Looks good and it feels great to hang a whole show of Silver Jello in a place that has been showing almost nothing but digi.

Here's an exerpt from the program:

...They were all made on Black and White films and individually hand printed in the Darkroom using traditional, (Non-digital), methods. They are printed on fiber based Silver Gelatin type Photographic Paper.

Traditional Black and White Photography is a rich and subtle medium that offers the photographer unique capabilities to interpret and portray a subject or scene through the deliberate choice of materials and the careful control of the process of exposure and development.

The best part is that now that the show is off my mind, I can grab my cameras and actually go out and do some shooting tomorrow. Yippie!
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Congrats! Where is this library, in case anyone is in the neighborhood?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good for you, Neal Congratulations!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations Neal! What a great feeling this must be on so many levels.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats great news -- Congrats!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrat's again. I still have the location info you provided. Expect to drop in in a couple of weeks.

Images
    Thanks!

David,
    It lies in the Cultural Mecca known as Suffern, NY. About 35 miles North of the G.W. bridge and roughly 9,000 miles from APUG HQ. Right on the the NY/NJ border where The NYS Thruway, Rte. 287, Rte. 87, Rte. 17, Rte. 202, Rte.59 all cross.

I don't have the Ego to say that it merits a special trip from any great distance. Most of the images have been tested in the APUG critique gallery over the last few years (Thanks to all for the input). But if Bruce or any other APUGers are in the area, PM me. If possible, I'd love to run over and meet you and give you the personal tour and chat about "real" photography (a rare opportunity in these here parts). There is a small Cafe area adjoining the exhibit space as well as a few nearby places to grab a beer... or so I've heard . If you come, I hope you can bring along some of your prints, seeing them would be a real bonus for me.

For photo ops, nearby are several large natural parklands. Harriman Park and the Seven Lakes area is large and well-covered by narrow, twisty, roadways (making them nicely accessable for LF) as well as many trails. Nothing spectacular like out West, but lots of trees, hills, rocks, lakes, small falls and streams in abundance. Actually quite nice. Further North are the 'Gunks, The New Paltz area with Lake Mohonk and Minnewaska and, of course, The Catskills but that's stretching it for a day trip.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well done. Any time you can get anything on the wall, that's absolutely great. Hope you have a successful run with the show.

I like your quote about the show is hung, now I can do more photography. That says it all about a producing artist.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great Neal! How long is it going to hang?
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    How do you spell relief?

Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I got my show up today!
    I'd pat you on the back if I could...30 prints is a TON of work...congratulations!

Murray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin