Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,553   Posts: 1,646,421   Online: 792

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Book Exchange Anyone?

Yesterday, on a whim, I picked up Mary Ellen Mark's book Exposure - her selection of her most significant shots from 40 years as a photographer. It's a well printed coffee table book. However, I can't say I am particularly attracted to her photography. This got me thinking, "I shouldn't have bought this book" at first. But then I wondered...

Anyone else out there impulse buy coffee table books of photography, and then realize they'll, well, just sit on the coffee table untouched? So, rather than try to sell the book, maybe we can set up a Book Exchange? I have many books, most of which I enjoy/love/look at daily. HCB, Edouard Boubat, Salgado, Diane Arbus, Wily Ronis, Edward Weston, Ansel Adams... Lee Miller, Doisneau, Issermann... and young 'un in landscapes like Joe Cornish and Craig McMaster...

If anyone would like to exchange books and has something they think I might like, I have a brand new Mary Ellen Mark to offer! I can also part ways with the following:

Robert Capa - Complete Works
    Bettina Rheims - Retrospective

So, anyone interested in trying something of the sort. The APUG Book Exchange anyone?
    Last edited by NikoSperi; 07-16-2005 at 07:44 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: More accurate title.
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! Judging by the resounding response, Mary Ellen Mark is about as popular as... Oh well. Am I the only one buying photography books?
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    well...i am interested. but you are in italy and shipping a book back and forth would be expensive and time consuming.

but if you are interested, i have a copy of Toshio Shibata's type 55 that I would trade. pm me for details.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Great idea... I have a copy of David Hume Kennerly's Photo du Jour. I enjoy his photography but, after looking at the book seven or eight times...I'm done. Trade?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin