Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,713   Online: 917

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C.
    Is there any chance that guy being the one writing "the sunday morning photographer", Lee?

Cheers

André
    Gee André, you sure know how to put the target in the cross hairs!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    I emailed the same author (not hard to figure out who it is) and he sent me a PDF file and a promise that the book order would be filled. That was something like 6 months ago...
    Glad to hear that, Bob. I'm still waiting for my copy. Maybe there's still hope.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy
    Glad to hear that, Bob. I'm still waiting for my copy. Maybe there's still hope.
    Funny thing, he had a different book come out AFTER the first was supposed to be published. He sells it on Lulu. I got that one right away...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What do you guys expect of someone who writes for the Luminous Idiots website?
    Last edited by roteague; 03-30-2006 at 01:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    . . . From talking to Aggie, I feel that starting up the magazine has turned out to be a much bigger job than anyone anticipated.
    Starting a magazine with a full-time, dedicated staff is challenging. Doing so in off hours with a volunteer staff is really tough.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you email Mike Johnston and tell him that you paid for the book but never received it he will send you a PDF version.

Small recompense, perhaps, but something.

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Will S
    If you email Mike Johnston and tell him that you paid for the book but never received it he will send you a PDF version.

Small recompense, perhaps, but something.

Best,

Will
    Thanks Will, but you’re right; it's too small. Another one to be put down to experience.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Will S
    Will
    I have paid for a book, not a PDF file!
    Good to now who they are...

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Starting a magazine with a full-time, dedicated staff is challenging. Doing so in off hours with a volunteer staff is really tough.

I wonder how maintaining a magazine once its started will be under such conditions? I applaud the efforts of everyone involved in trying to get this venture off the ground, but it seems to me that at least one person will have to make it more than a spare-time occupation for it to succeed.

Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,
    I am one of the initial charter subscribers. I am afraid I have lost interest in the magazine. Does anyone know how I can go about getting a refund of my subscription money? Thanks in advance!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin