Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,149   Online: 896

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    There was a Japanese amateur photo magazine called "Natural Glow" until recently. It featured B&W photos mostly submitted by non professionals, and the quality of the paper was very glossy and nice.

But the more the content of the magazine got developed, the less of the space the amateur photos were featured and shared. And in the end, it disappeared from the scene.

That was the last magazine I subscribed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Keep in mind, both articles were written by one of APUGs newest members, Roger Hicks. IMO, we are lucky to have someone of such caliber on this forum.
    Indeed. Very well done reviews which, as a Bessa user, I found entertaining and informative.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog
    Does anyone subscribe to "Silvershotz" magazine and can you tell me ...is this the same publication as "The Black & White Enthusiast"?
    I do. Yes, it is.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Silvershotz is very nice, but Lenswork is still the best. I don't even mind sending in my subscription check.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lenswork is my favorite; I also get Shutterbug, Camera Arts, American Photo, and B&W. For photography, Lenswork is the best, as far as I'm concerned.

--Eddy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I subscribe to _Lenswork_ and _Aperture_. Both are high quality publications worth keeping, and their development from year to year is its own interesting narrative (or two interesting narratives, I suppose). The others I pick up occasionally.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lenswork and B&W Magazine (the American one) subscribe or get every issue, View Camera I pick up about half the issues from the newstand. The others are not consistent enough with stuff I am interested in to do any more then read at the bookstore or maybe get one issue a year.

I did pickup the latest issue of Blindspot as it has a sort or retrospective of many of the photographers it has featured over the years. I usually do not buy it, but this seemed like a good way to survey trends in contemporary photography.

I used to buy a lot more magazines. Instead I take the money I used to spend and buy few books of photography a year.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the past I used to subscribe to and bought many photo magazines. However, the ones being published now are boring and the photos they print are mostly uninspired dreck. Sometimes, the british Black and White magazine has an article worth reading.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I get Lenswork right now and just subscribed to Emulsion, then there are many others that I get on a per-issue basis, depending on content. I used to subscribe to Outdoor Photographer but it became too heavily gear review oriented and since I don't buy new gear, it stopped being interesting. It was a fantastic magazine at one time, and may be again, but I haven't seen an issue for a while.

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm
    my subscription to pdn just ended. it's about 60 bucks a year, which is a bit pricey for what i get out of it. i agree about photolife. check it out if you can - it's tough to find it sometimes.

it seems that magazines are more about ad space than content. yeah it costs a lot for publishing, etc... but give me a break. PDN is 7.99 an issue. for eight bucks, i want content, not ads.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin