Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,871   Posts: 1,629,370   Online: 778

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Event - Aesthetics of Large Format Photography

As part of the traveling exhibit Azo -> Contact -> Print which is currently on display at the Paul Paletti Gallery in Louisville, the University of Louisville is holding a panel discussion on Thursday April 6 called Aesthetics of Large Format Photography - an intriguing and thoughtful review of the process, history, and vision of large format photography and its relevance and importance to contemporary photographers. The panel will include photographers Joe Freeman, Scott Killian, Jim Shanesy and Steve Sherman.

Meanwhile, the photographers will also be on hand at the Paul Paletti Gallery the following night for Louisville's regular First Friday Gallery Hop. Featured in View Camera Magazine, the traveling exhibit Azo -> Contact -> Print includes over 50 large format contact prints from Joe Freeman, Scott Killian, George Provost, Jim Shanesy and Steve Sherman. If you missed it at the Metropolitan Center for the Visual Arts in Maryland, here's your chance to join us again.

Addresses are below:

Panel Discussion - Thursday, April 6 from 7 - 9
    Ekstrom Library
    University of Louisville Belknap Campus
    Louisville, KY

Exhibit - Gallery Hop Friday, April 7 from 5 - 9
    Paul Paletti Gallery
    713 East Market Street, Suite 100
    Louisville, KY
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Should be a lot of fun this week. Here is a link that one of the papers is running about the talk and Gallery Hop. http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...73240380296280
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This does sound like fun. Any other get togethers? Good places to stay? I think my schedule is free and it's been a long time since I got out of town.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have fun in Louisville! I had a show at Paul's gallery a few years back that opened on the Gallery Hop night. It was a great time, very well attended and Paul's expert Martinis kept me from feeling the opening night jitters. He's a great guy and has a very nice gallery/law office. Check out his collection... very nice. I was also very impressed by the local talent and interest in alternative processes. Have a great time and I wish you all the luck.

Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I called Paul's cell phone as I was leaving my office this afternoon. He's in Las Vegas attending the National Lingerie Association Convention. (I swear I'm not making this up.) He's also attending a Liquor Wholesalers' Convention. Boy, I'll be he'll have some stories to tell over those Martinis tomorrow night.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Bill,

I saw some of your work at the gallery the last time I was there and was very impressed. We're looking forward to it!

Best,
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skillian
    Hi Bill,

I saw some of your work at the gallery the last time I was there and was very impressed. We're looking forward to it!

Best,
    Bill's work looks right at home among the Brett Westons, Salgados and Rolfe Horn prints.

Shooter
    Large Format

"...He's in Las Vegas attending the National Lingerie Association Convention."

Why am I not at all surprised... I hope he took a camera with him!
    Joe Freeman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skillian
    Thanks Scott... that means a lot. Paul is truly a great guy and a real asset to the photography scene in Louisville. Please relay my best to him and most of all have a great time. If only I were closer as I would love to attend.

Best of luck!

Bill

PS. I can't remember the name of the place, but Paul took me to a WONDERFUL restaraunt after the open. He knew the owner who, as I remember, is also into photography. If you go out to eat...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations to Scott, Steve, Joe, Jim and George on an excellent show. I enjoyed seeing your work and chatting with you. I highly recommend the trip to everyone. Paul has a wonderful collection of prints from other prominent photographers as well.

All the best,
    Daniel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin