Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,963   Online: 1028

Shooter
    Multi Format

"Riders of the West" Linda MacCannell

A couple of nice outgoing ladies stopped in my shop today. They expressed interest in my collection of cameras on display." I'm a photographer" one of the ladies mentioned."That's great" I said" what is your favorite format"." 4x5 "she replied.Hmm I'm thinking serious stuff. After the 30 min of visiting her friend said" you should show him your book". I asked the name of it and she said. "Riders of the West"" Oh I have that book ,in fact about 20 copies". Sticking out her hand she said "I'm Linda MacCannell and I'm the photographer". This is a book about Indian Rodeo both large and very small events here in the states and Canada.The unusual part is she used a Linhof 4x5! There is a nice pix of her camera set up at Red Rock State Park here in Gallup,NM.I have a lot of native American Customers who are involved in rodeo and love looking through the book looking at people they know and occasionally buying a copy. This style of rodeo is not the slick TV style but a look at a wonderful way of life. I have bought about 100 copies over the years from a discount book supplier. Linda said it didn't sell well and is likely off the shelves. My point is you never know who will come into your life and what stories they have to tell.Imagine using a 4x5 to shoot rodeo. Regards,Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    COOL STORY...
    hope you had her sign a copy or two for ya..
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    NM Bill,

I have a friend that lives in Gallup. He used to be a photographer now he is into bicycles. Dr Phil Flemming. If you see him tell him Lee said hi.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi all, The following almost knocked my socks off. Linda came in to see me the other day.She and some friends were down from Durango,Col.to do a little shopping here in Gallup. After exchanging hello's and meeting her friends she hands me a very large, thin ,wrapped in red package.You guessed it.A 16x20 mounted print of one of the images from her book. The subject happens to be a mutual friend.The print is stunning as it came from a 4x5 neg shot with a Linhof. I must be living right. Just had to share this. Regards,Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad you did, share it that is. What a nice story.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool story Bill. It is always good to hear of such interesting events.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin