Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,234   Online: 1023

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Did someone already get the new Brett Portfolio "New York", soft cover one ?
    Any feedback ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still waiting for the arrival.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i was charged for it so i hope to receive it any day now
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by payral View Post
    Did someone already get the new Brett Portfolio "New York", soft cover one ?
    Any feedback ?
    I received my hardcover June 4th or 5th. But I don't know if anyone has received their softcover. I'm in the same UPS zone as Michael and Paula, so I usually get packages the next day.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i was charged for it so i hope to receive it any day now

:o :o :o :o
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post

:o :o :o :o
    Curt,

I am one of the subscribers to the soft edition of the Brett Weston series so I get charged automatically before they ship the next edition. Since I saw the charge the other day I assume the book is soon following through the mail.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I saw the charge for my soft edition also. They most certainly have it in the works. I only worry that I will come home and find it in the front yard in a rain storm. If it's UPS they do a good job. Fedex will hide it in the back yard and I will just find it next to the garbage can. The post office will leave a slip and make me go to the post office, stand in line and wait all morning. Most of the time they don't even ring the door bell. I am looking forward to the books.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Besides the portfolio series, it would be beneficial if someone published Wood's biography of Brett Weston. The excerpts at Brett Weston Archive are tantalizing. I just got a copy of Interviews with Master Photographers that includes a Brett Weston interview. It occurred around 1977, and he does express some strong opinions.

Also check out an old article on Brett at NY Times by Charles Hagen
    Last edited by doughowk; 06-15-2007 at 05:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just saw these new posts about the next Brett Weston book, and I thought that I would give everyone an update. But first, I would like to thank everyone for their patience with receiving this book. It was bound in Europe, which caused more delays and headaches than we thought it would solve.

The hardbound books were sent via UPS so they could be tracked and insured. The soft bound books were sent a few days later by USPS media mail, so they will take a little longer to arrive. The same goes for Planets, the next book in the Lodima Press Portfolio Book Series. Again, thank you to the subscribers for all your patience

Best,
    Richard Boutwell
    Lodima Press
    ". . . photographing as a two-way act of respect. Respect for the medium and letting it do what it does best- describe. And respect for the subject in describing it as it is. A photograph must be responsible to both."-- Garry Winogrand

"Art is just a Series of Natural Gestures."-- John Marin

My Platinum Printing Blog

My WEBSITE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post
    Besides the portfolio series, it would be beneficial if someone published Wood's biography of Brett Weston. The excerpts at Brett Weston Archive are tantalizing. I just got a copy of Interviews with Master Photographers that includes a Brett Weston interview. It occurred around 1977, and he does express some strong opinions.

Also check out an old article on Brett at NY Times by Charles Hagen
    After reading the Hagan article on the "Voyage of the Eye" exhibit from NYT, I am reminded of Brett Weston's quote about art critics in the audio excerpts from "Brett Weston: Photographer."

"I get so Godd**n sick of talk and prattle about art. There's not enough art around or at least there's just too much talk..."

Mike Davis
    Last edited by jmdavis; 06-15-2007 at 07:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin