Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,139   Online: 886

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just saw these new posts about the next Brett Weston book, and I thought that I would give everyone an update. But first, I would like to thank everyone for their patience with receiving this book. It was bound in Europe, which caused more delays and headaches than we thought it would solve.

The hardbound books were sent via UPS so they could be tracked and insured. The soft bound books were sent a few days later by USPS media mail, so they will take a little longer to arrive. The same goes for Planets, the next book in the Lodima Press Portfolio Book Series. Again, thank you to the subscribers for all your patience
    Thank you, our UPS driver is really a terrific guy. I am looking forward to the book.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few years back, B&W Magazine featured an expanded article on Brett which mentioned that he did soak his negatives until the emulsion became dislodged from the gelatin base.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone received their soft bound copies yet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, not yet, I keep looking for the soft bound copy but no delivery yet. I'm on the west coast, I don't know if there any method to the delivery.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have not received my copy either and I am only a couple of hundred miles away.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I got my softbound copy this afternoon.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Large Format
    Received my softbound copy today - I'm glad I don't have a smaller mailbox else my lazy postman would probably have folded it in half rather than merely bending it. Beautiful images of NY & continued excellent quality of reproduction. Looking forward to the next installment this Fall - Fifteen Photographs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Postman? I thought they were being sent by UPS?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In post #38 above, Richard Boutwell told us that they were sent via USPS media mail. Must still be by horseback, because I haven't received my copy yet. Maybe today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    UPS or USPS or what ever method, I ordered the series, got the first book then nothing, Mr. Smith called to get the credit card number for the second book, got the second book, when the third book came out and it was posted here I checked my account and found that on the 30th of June, 07 the amount for the book was paid to Lodima. Yesterday I received an email from Richard that a credit card number was needed. I had been waiting for the book as seen in my posts to this thread. I thought I had ordered a “series” of books which included a slip case etc.. I haven’t got the time to mess with it, maybe a book will come and maybe not, I don’t know what the mailing scheme is but some here and some there does not seem very good.

Curt

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin