Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,259   Online: 1010

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I am just back from photographing in Phoenix and also from Paula's and my opening at the Camera Obscura gallery in Denver, where we also taught a workshop last weekend at Working With Artists--a fine organization.

Because of the delays with the binding, a number of credit cards expired. We are in the process of following up and getting new expiration dates. I will meet with Richard tomorrow, Monday, and will try to make sure all books get shipped this week.

We do not as a rule charge credit cards before shippong books. Because we were not around when books went out, there seems to have been a few that did not get shipped as promptly after the cards were charged as is usual. We will resolve it all. Thanks for your patience.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Michael,

I really like the New York portfolio. The cover, the quadtones, and all of the "little details" may make "New York" my favorite of the series so far.

Thanks for all of the attention and work that has gone into this series.

Mike Davis

Curt,

Please call us. You know our phone number. We have no record of having a credit card number for you.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdavis View Post
    I really like the New York portfolio. The cover, the quadtones, and all of the "little details" may make "New York" my favorite of the series so far.
    ditto. I had never seen many of Brett's images before I this portfolio reprinting and I must say that his vision is astounding.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please call us. You know our phone number. We have no record of having a credit card number for you.
    Hello Michael,

You have the number and it was used and I got the book today by USPS. I didn't mean to sound so bad, I was given a toxic dose of Vitamins by an Endocrinologist and have been on a roller coaster for some time. Into everybodies life a little rain much fall. It's been pouring here. My main hope is to be able to live long enough to get the entire series. Aggie knows what I mean when I say that. I start a new set of tests and doctors tomorrow.

The New York book is but 12 photographs but they are very very good. The printing is superb. All of the details are right there and with a magnifing glass you can take a tour of each individual photo. There is more than the eye first sees. You have to spend some time with them and go back again and again. Each time you will find some tiny detail that give you an entirely new perspective. You can't just get an overview in a few minutes and move on but need to think about what you see using your own personal experiences as a reference. Seeing these and having gone to New York and ground zero these images have an added dimension for me. They "are" New York. The city has changed but the original essence is still there as it has been for decades. Im fading now so I'll have to leave for now. I am enjoying the books and hope you have a good run with the new paper you are working on.

Best Regards,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got mine today too. Excellent, as expected. Thanks for doing this series Michael.

Curt,

Thanks for your good words. Sorry to learn you are having such a rough time.

We have two Curt's in Californa who subscribe to this series and I got you confused with the other one. Apologies.

Michael

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Michael-

It is good to hear that you are keeping Brett's work alive and available to an enthusiastic audience. He was one of a kind, and certainly deserves the accolades.

All best to you and Paula,

Merg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curt,

Thanks for your good words. Sorry to learn you are having such a rough time.

We have two Curt's in Californa who subscribe to this series and I got you confused with the other one. Apologies.

Michael

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Michael-

It is good to hear that you are keeping Brett's work alive and available to an enthusiastic audience. He was one of a kind, and certainly deserves the accolades.

All best to you and Paula,

Merg

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you all for the support, fine work and effort in keeping Brett Weston's work alive. He was an original in a field where being original is very difficult.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Got mine today in France. As excellent, as expected. Thanks for doing this series Michael.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin