Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,409   Online: 1167

Shooter
    35mm

International Call for Photographic Entries: The Center for Fine Art Photography

I am not familiar with The Center for Fine Art Photography, which apparently is located in Fort Collins, Colorado. I did a brief search of the web looking to see if they might be legit or scammers, but could find little. Therefore, I pass this information along only as a heads up to those who may be interested:

http://www.c4fap.org/

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2006/6/emw399338.htm

The Center for Fine Art Photography invites U.S. and international photographers working in all mediums of traditional and digital photography to submit their work to its call for entries for the theme People, Places and Things.

Fort Collins, CO (PRWEB) June 16, 2006 -- The Center for Fine Art Photography invites U.S. and international photographers working in all mediums of traditional and digital photography to submit their work to its call for entries.

The Center also welcomes submissions by those working in the avant garde, in pursuit of experimental works and all schools of thought that include traditional and new processes, mixed techniques, challenging personal, emotional or political statements.

All entries are submitted and juried online. Deadline is July 10, 2006

Juror: Andrew Darlow – photographer and Editor of Imagingbuffet.com, which features interviews, reviews and photography-related streaming audio and pod casts. He was the former Editorial Director at Digital Imaging Techniques magazine.

Awards - The Center for Fine Art Photography’s mission is to promote the art of photography and to provide artists with new venues to exhibit their work. The awards for this exhibition offer numerous exhibition opportunities:

-Best of Show and category awards: People, Places, Things
    -Best of Show and Category award winners interviewed by juror Andrew Darlow for publication along with winning images in the Imagingbuffet.com website and pod cast
    -One-year portfolio subscription to the Center’s Artists’ ShowCase Online awarded per category
    -Featured Artist presentation in Artists' ShowCase, an eight-page insert in CameraArts magazine
    -Director's Selection award: Special Recognition in the published and online Artists' ShowCase
    -8 additional artists will be included in the print edition of Artists' ShowCase
    -All exhibitors included in the Center's web gallery section for one year
    -Selections for the post-exhibition traveling show to the Denver International Airport's gallery
    -Inclusion in the Center's 2006 Exhibition Collection CD which is distributed to selected galleries, collectors, design houses and corporations world wide.

Artists whose work is selected for an exhibition have the option of shipping their unframed exhibition work to the Center for museum quality framing. The Center hopes that the substantial shipping-cost savings will encourage more artists to submit their work for exhibition consideration.
    I hope I have posted this in the proper location. I have no involvement with The Center for Fine Art Photography, but I do enjoy entering contests, competitions, and exhibitions where there is juried judging or feedback and I thought I'd pass it along for anyone else who might be interested.
    Best,

Wiggy

Note to Self: Tse-Tse Fly - No Antidote

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As ever, digging into the small print is advisable:

Entry Fee
    · Submit up to three images for a nonrefundable fee of $35.00 USD.
    · The entry fee for members of The Center for Fine Art Photography is $20.00 USD.
    · Applicants signing up for membership at the time they submit their work for jurying may become a member and meet the entry fee for a total of $65.00 USD, a savings of $15.00. Membership includes annual subscription to CameraArts magazine and other benefits listed on the Center’s website.
    · Additional images may be submitted for $10 each.

Furthermore, any images selected for exhibition must be supplied framed and ready to hang - really impractical for non-US people.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Having work in Camera Arts is very good for ones photographic work.
    Thanks for posting this thread.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington
    As ever, digging into the small print is advisable:
    Always recommended.

[snip]

Furthermore, any images selected for exhibition must be supplied framed and ready to hang - really impractical for non-US people.
    I hear you. Well, I am not the contest people, and I am not equipped to read minds or bank accounts. Just passing on information. If it does not work out for you, I'm sorry to have bothered you.
    Best,

Wiggy

Note to Self: Tse-Tse Fly - No Antidote

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have to been to this "center" three times in the last year. The work varies from absolutely stunning to absolute beginner. It is a nice space that now occupies what I think is a giant attic in an arts building in a beautiful section of Fort Collins.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The requirements that are presented by the Center are not unusual for a regional organization. And I doubt that they have the funds to mount and frame a large influx of photos for a show.
    We at the Valley Photo Center have a couple of exhibits like this each year. It is a good fund raiser, a lot of people get to see their work presented and the reception is always a good party. Our current show is one like this (except for all the prizes) and there are over 70 photographers and close to 200 photos on display.
    As far as the framed & ready to hang rule... you'd be suprised how many people ignore this or interpet this very loosely.
    If the Center is within reach, it sounds like a good event.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Only one juror and it has to be;

"Andrew Darlow...He was the former Editorial Director at Digital Imaging Techniques magazine."

Let's hope he's not biased in any way.........

Murray

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin