Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,912   Posts: 1,556,250   Online: 1059

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim
    And if there isn't really any order? (which is kind of what chaos is...) - presumably you'd have a hard time photographing it?
    Tim,

No denial to the difficulty. I would have to decide for myself whether or whether not to take the photograph at that point.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    Tim,

No that is where the photographer has to put in some effort to extract a subject and composition from the Chaos of Nature.

Rich
    but i can see both subject and compostion in the image that was posted (as well as many of his others).

the same thing that draws me to subjects, light and composition that say something to me, draws me to photographers with similar aesthetics. i've heard of dykinga, muench, cornish, etc.. but their work doesn't speak to me as much as misrach, izu, horne, caponigro or kenna. i don't own a print by any of the former.. but i have a print by brownlow framed and hanging on my wall... i do have a choice of who's work i'd have hanging.. and john's work won out over dykinga, muench or cornish.

jim

jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimcollum
    but i can see both subject and compostion in the image that was posted (as well as many of his others).

the same thing that draws me to subjects, light and composition that say something to me, draws me to photographers with similar aesthetics. i've heard of dykinga, muench, cornish, etc.. but their work doesn't speak to me as much as misrach, izu, horne, caponigro or kenna. i don't own a print by any of the former.. but i have a print by brownlow framed and hanging on my wall... i do have a choice of who's work i'd have hanging.. and john's work won out over dykinga, muench or cornish.

jim

jim
    Jim,

I can appreciate what your saying and I too saw the subject, light, and composition. But for me, and I stress me, I find the image busy. Everyone looks at and interprets things differently. For you you prefer this image. It works for you and you prefer it. I am not going to suggest that either you or I are correct or incorrect. It is not my preferred style. And this is where we all basically get to a point where we agree to disagree.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

Jim,

But for me, and I stress me, I find the image busy.

Rich
    so do you look the other way when you see something like that? are your eyes/brain unable to deal with it when you see it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim
    so do you look the other way when you see something like that? are your eyes/brain unable to deal with it when you see it?
    Tim,

No I would not look the other way and my eyes and brain would have no problem dealing with it. However, I would and as I stressed previously decide whether I would or would not take the image.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim,

It is not my preferred style. And this is where we all basically get to a point where we agree to disagree.

Rich
    it's a very big photographic world.. with styles ranging from Anne Geddes to Joel Peter Witkin... plenty of room :^)

belittling someone's work because they choose to display it on Flickr isn't being fair to that photographer. i'd say that he has a better chance of gaining gallery representation than most others i've seen. the fact that he many not have decided to doesn't diminish the quality. (IMO)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin