Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,163   Online: 1147

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Jeanette. Ill pass your suggestions along. I really appreciate your comments.

BTW, I did respond to Dave Wooten's post above, and he responded back. Those 2 posts seem to have disappeared. What am I doing wrong?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The site works fine on Firefox /Windows XP, no bugs to report. I prefer the "World of.." title, much prefer it.

I like the whole look and feel of the site and the cover shot for the book looks superb.

I also tested the Add to Cart button beside the Limited Edition hardcover right away and am looking forward to September

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim rudman
    Thanks Jeanette. Ill pass your suggestions along. I really appreciate your comments.

BTW, I did respond to Dave Wooten's post above, and he responded back. Those 2 posts seem to have disappeared. What am I doing wrong?
    Probably nothing - the site has just moved to a new server yesterday and I think there are a few teething problems still occurring (a PM I sent yesterday to someone has also disappeared). I'm sure it will sort itself out (or rather, Sean will sort it out!) soon.

BTW, most people see a unified view of all posts since they last logged in when they visit the site so in practice all forums get equal exposure. Just put posts in whichever forum seems the most appropriate.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    BTW, most people see a unified view of all posts since they last logged in when they visit the site so in practice all forums get equal exposure. Just put posts in whichever forum seems the most appropriate.

Cheers, Bob.
    Oh thanks, I didn't know one could do that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim rudman
    Oh thanks, I didn't know one could do that.
    Top right of the screen, just above the menus there is an entry showing how many posts since your last visit - something like:

Welcome, JoeBloggs.
    199 new posts since your last visit.
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 37.

If you click on the number you get all posts in all forums since you last visited (or, in practice, since your previous session timed out).

Have fun, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Bob. That makes life a lot easier! :-)
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=BWGirl]Very nice website, Tim. I think the only suggestion I would make is to either place navigation buttons at the bottom of each 'page' or to place a button at the bottom of the page that returns the user to the top. My personal preference is navigation at the top & bottom. QUOTE]

Done. Thanks :-)

Also, of interest especially to those with work in the book (and hopefuly to others too) we plan to shortly feature in rotation an image from the book each day on the site.
    We could put up a schedule (so you know when to tell your friends your image is featued, for example) - or we could make them a random surprise. Any thoughts on this? (I'm pretty new to this)
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim

Dont know if you have been playing with the stylesheets but I get black text on a dark brown background. Very hard to read. It looks like you left it in the infectious developer to long

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Phill. It looks fine on my computer - I will pass this on to the designer.
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim

I just checked and this is only one of my work machines and is fine on my XP box. So you might need to tell your developer this info ;
    MS NT4 SP6, IE Version 5.5.4807.2300

Maybe it is in regards to a particular font/style used

Cheers

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin