Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,685   Posts: 1,482,258   Online: 1058

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Tim
    Your site looks good and works well on Mac (G5 OSX Safari)

DaveL

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Site works fine on Opera v.9.0.

BTW, I've ordered the book.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is great! Tonight I just tried Lith printing for the first time after reading about it in your book Master Photographer's Printing Course. The prints are in the washer right now and I must say it is really exciting to watch what comes out in the tray and try out all the variables. After tonight I decided to buy your book on Lith printing and now there are two!

/matti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The new photo of the day is a great idea, todays one is beautiful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim

Do you teach this stuff at Hogwarts ?

Great site.

don
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by matti
    This is great! Tonight I just tried Lith printing for the first time after reading about it in your book Master Photographer's Printing Course. The prints are in the washer right now and I must say it is really exciting to watch what comes out in the tray and try out all the variables. After tonight I decided to buy your book on Lith printing and now there are two!

/matti
    Sounds like you are hooked Matti! The process is exciting and addictive - the results are so different and can be varied so much it really frees up the creative spirit.
    The WOLP will give you all the current materials, as they have changed a lot over the years - also some new techniques to try, so you won't get bored!
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan
    The new photo of the day is a great idea, todays one is beautiful.
    Isn't it just. You'll have to watch every day now ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    Tim

Do you teach this stuff at Hogwarts ?
    Great site.
    don
    Oh yes - and the broomstick is a great way of moving around in the darkroom without stirring up the dust of course

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim rudman
    Sounds like you are hooked Matti! The process is exciting and addictive - the results are so different and can be varied so much it really frees up the creative spirit.
    The WOLP will give you all the current materials, as they have changed a lot over the years - also some new techniques to try, so you won't get bored!
    Tim

Oh, yes! The vacation snapshots will never look the same again! (see attatched first try) For some reason I thought Lith prints didn't go well will people shots (and I can never seem to take anything interesting except people).

And I got a good deal on graded Forteze-paper that a store here wants to get rid of, so I can play a lot more.

I tried to selenum tone some prints today but that took away the wonderful warm tones. (I think. As no prints are the same it is hard to have something to compare with...)

I was surprised how easy it was to get interesting results. Even though it might be extremely difficult to master this moving target it felt really easy to get something I liked.

/matti
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ida-crete.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by matti
    Oh, yes! The vacation snapshots will never look the same again! (see attatched first try) For some reason I thought Lith prints didn't go well will people shots (and I can never seem to take anything interesting except people).
    <<<snip
    I was surprised how easy it was to get interesting results. Even though it might be extremely difficult to master this moving target it felt really easy to get something I liked.
    /matti
    People work really well with Lith printing Matti, but it's such a flexible process that most subjects do.
    You are to be congratulated. your '1st try' is excellent! Lovely open clean tones. Great colour. Well done.
    Tim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin