Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,489   Online: 928

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

World of Lith Printing blog and new website. Feedback invited

Hi all
    I hope this is the right place to put this? Or 'lounge'? but 'books' seems appropriate, although I don't know if this section gets read as often. If it's the wrong place, can I move it? (is my inexperience showing?)
    I have just sent out a news blog (see - I'm learning!) to The WOLP mailing list and some of you might have received it but others probably not.

The new book has a new website http://www.worldoflithprinting.com/ and I would be pleased to get any feedback and or suggestions on it, and especially to know if any browsers have difficulties with it. One suggestion is a 'picture of the day' from the book, changing daily.

There is news too (the blog is on the website too now). A recent last minute title change; a list of people who made it into the book; the limited edition is 'on'- and the project is on time (phew!), amongst other things.

Thanks for any comments
    Tim
    Last edited by Sean; 07-17-2006 at 08:31 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added url

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm confused...what website?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whoops, sorry!
    www.worldoflithprinting.com
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you provide a link, Tim?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    oops... didn't hear you typing!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    what a valuable resource APUG is! In the few short months I have been a subscriber here, I have met, learned from, and photographed with Bill Schwab and a number of other excellent Great Lakes area photographers, learned of and purchased great resource books by members Ralph Lambrecht and Tim Rudman (I'm currently working my way through Tim's toning book), and found a place where either by doing a search or posting a question I can solve just about any traditional photographic problem that I may encounter. Thanks to Sean for putting this site up and keeping it running, and to all of the other great members here.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto
    what a valuable resource APUG is! In the few short months I have been a subscriber here, I have met, learned from, and photographed with Bill Schwab and a number of other excellent Great Lakes area photographers, learned of and purchased great resource books by members Ralph Lambrecht and Tim Rudman (I'm currently working my way through Tim's toning book), and found a place where either by doing a search or posting a question I can solve just about any traditional photographic problem that I may encounter. Thanks to Sean for putting this site up and keeping it running, and to all of the other great members here.
    Ditto.
    Well, not exactly word for word, but most certainly the general drift.
    Long may it continue - and thanks to Sean.
    And to Tim Rudman for posting details of the new book. Your work has most certainly have been an inspiration to me in the past, and I'm sure the new book will be too...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto
    I don't shoot much B&W, but have shared a beer with Tim. He is an really nice guy, always willing to help others. We need people like Tim on APUG.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Lets Take a Look

I viewed some of Tim's prints at the Toronto Apug convention, they are indeed beautiful...I also have purchased and recommend, Tim's "Master Photographer's Lith Printing Course as well as "The Photographer's Toning Book: The Definitive Guide"

Tim could you post an example or two in the gallery? That would really make those who haven't seen your work true believers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice website, Tim. I think the only suggestion I would make is to either place navigation buttons at the bottom of each 'page' or to place a button at the bottom of the page that returns the user to the top. My personal preference is navigation at the top & bottom. Another suggestion would be "floating" navigation along the side...however that can become irritating for some users. (At last, my prior life as a usability 'geek' pays off)

I have to say that I was shocked to see you are a "quadruple Fellow"... I'd have thought just being one fellow would be plenty... but you must be very busy! hahaha I wish I were at least a triple fellow-ette sometimes (though those around me quite have their hands full with just one).
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin