Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,259   Online: 993

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Don't worry tim, I won't "hold my breath" a lesson well learned from FEMA and the Louisiana Recovery Authority. No one "holds their breath" for much any more down here.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimcollum
    so if there's any digital in the workflow, that should remove a photographer from support in this community? film capture, digital output is a bad thing? also digital capture, analog output? just looking for clarification

jim
    That is the general consensus.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    or more correctly, it's your opinion- there being a sub forum to enable such discussion, recognising that it is indeed a grey area

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    To quote the front page:
    "APUG.ORG is an international community of like minded individuals devoted to traditional (non-digital) photographic processes. "

This is not my opinion, just the foundation that APUG was built on. This has nothing to do with whether or not digital is awesome or if it sucks. APUG is about traditional photographic processes. Plain and simple.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    that's going to start making it tougher on color printers. scanning and lightjet output is definitely a digital workflow. Very few labs offer enlarged Ciba services anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Think Robert gets this from feedback and from the main page - "APUG.ORG is an international community of like minded individuals devoted to traditional (non-digital) photographic processes." ...would say it's his "perception" as much as his "opinion"
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim atherton
    or more correctly, it's your opinion- there being a sub forum to enable such discussion, recognising that it is indeed a grey area
    I said that was the general consensus, that's all; I made no statement as to whether it is a good one or not. FWIW, If you had bothered to check you would find out that I shoot film, scan the transparencies and print on Fuji Crystal Archive.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Please, let's not turn this into a D v. A thread.

Anyone actually seen Chris Jordan's NOLA book, or a show of the work yet? Aside from questions of process, is it interesting?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

BTW I note that all the proceeds from Chris's book are going to Katrina relief

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    sorry

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin