Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,694   Online: 1016

Thread: PhotoSF Anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PhotoSF Anyone?

I've been anxiously awaiting word from Photo San Francisco to see how it has been this year. Did anyone attend? Anything you can share with us? It has been a slow-go the last few years and I'm hoping things picked-up out there.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Define "slo-go" _ went Friday, noticed that Yosi Milo was no longer there, but most of the usual suspects WERE. By "slow" I assume you mean sales figures, which I woul not know. Prices seemed to have gone up a bit.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    Define "slo-go"
    Thanks for the report. "Slo-go" would mean sales and attendance I suppose. Since posting this thread I heard from a dealer there who said Friday was good, Saturday real slow on attendance. "Dead" in his words. That can mean a lot of things. He said they were doing "OK". It was just before they opened doors today and they were hoping for more today. Sunday's tend to be the day that all those sitting on the fence make moves to purchase. It is usually the make or break day for a lot of dealers and photographers. PhotoSF and LA have been a bit controversial with some of the AIPAD dealers in that they let almost anyone have a booth as long as they pay. Other shows are more selective. I did notice a drop-off in dealers that do a lot of the other fairs.

I also heard it was HOT! It is usually so nice down there on the pier in the bay breeze. Sure with I could have gone this year.

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think Fort Mason is (strongly) air-conditioned -- could have made a BIG difference for casual traffic this weekend. It was 108 in the shade Saturday according to my home thermometer, anyhow.

I may have missed something, though I don't think so -- I only saw one dag in the whole palce (not a lot last year, but at least one case of them). Barry Singer had a lovely print of Smith's "Tomoko in her Bath" marked "P.O.R." (sob)

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    We went Friday and the weather was beautiful by the bay. Considered buying a Caponigro and a Loranc, but put it off. Enjoyed seeing a lot of the classic black and white prints.
    Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm

any other reviews?

is it worth going to next year?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin