Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,728   Online: 1094

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Edward Weston Book purchase

Just purchased a book at Borders In Thurrock today published by Taschen
    Edward Weston , a retrospective of his work, blew me away, cant stop looking at it , his still life is so absorbing, and his ability to see an image within an image in his landscapes is amazing probably one of my best buys in the last year it will take pride of place with David Plowdens Handful of Dust.

Dusty
    The camera cannot lie, but it cannot help being selective.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Was it the one with the shell on the cover? in blue? - part of the 'Icons' series I believe. It's quite good if we're talking about the same book.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
    Was it the one with the shell on the cover? in blue? - part of the 'Icons' series I believe. It's quite good if we're talking about the same book.

- Randy
    yes this has a shell on the front but its in grey and the
    lettering in a hot pink i didi nit know it was part of series.

rgds
    dusty
    The camera cannot lie, but it cannot help being selective.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I *think* that there are different editions which just have different covers. The library copy I have read appears to be different than the edition that is now available on Amazon and in bookshops. Taschen did a whole lot of books in the Icons series, all of which were great. As a matter of fact, I can't recall any of their books that I have read that weren't well worth the $10 (US).

- Randy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin