Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,492   Online: 965

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    So how many pages are in this issue? Any color work?
    73 pages; all beautiful b&w work in this issue. The paper is as good as the other fine art b&w mags. It's very high quality!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    73 pages; all beautiful b&w work in this issue. The paper is as good as the other fine art b&w mags. It's very high quality!
    Jennette, Dave, Aggie,

Is Emulsion Magazine going to be exclusively a B&W image publication or do you foresee any color being included in the magazine?

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can we buy a copy of this issue???
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    Jennette, Dave, Aggie,

Is Emulsion Magazine going to be exclusively a B&W image publication or do you foresee any color being included in the magazine?

Rich
    Rich, thanks for the inclusion in this great piece of work, but I'm just a subscriber! :o Aggie & her crew are the 'parents' of this baby!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    Jennette, Dave, Aggie,

Rich
    The magazine will feature color images in the future. I had this same discussion with Aggie. I think they needed to take baby steps to get this magazine out, before tackling the issue of color.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rich, actually, with me being a color photographer, I think there will be some color in the future, right now we are concentraiting on getting this issue in the hands of subscribers, but traditional work is traditional work, so again, I hope and look forward to doing a color issue.

Dave

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson
    Can we buy a copy of this issue???
    I would also be interested in a copy of this issue

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess this as good a time as any to explain what we are doing with the magazine. It is theme based. Right now we are quarterly. As we grow, we will become bimonthly. The rates will stay the same, you will just get two more issues a year. With the format we have each issue will fall into one of (currently) 4 catagories. One will be about Photographers/photography groups. that is where we will explore in the entire issue all we can get on that particular subject. IE if we do the one I want on the Weston Legacy, it woul;d include the sons, not just the father, and also the women in his life. Who influenced him and what has the legacy influenced in the art world. Who are some of those out there who have been great influenced by Weston. It wouldn't be a rehash of the same things that we have all read about the man, but will explore the mustic of what is a legacy left by the man. Second catagory would be Alternative Printing methods. We will take one Alternative method and explore in the entire issue that subject from how to, to different variations, who teaches, where to buy supplies, and portfolios of those currently working in it. Our second issue which is just about finished, is all about platinum. The third catagory is about types of photography. this will be about things such as night time photography, street photography, macro, or even underwater work. The last catagory will be travel. More of a National Geographic meets fodor travel geared towards photographers. It will have one place desgnated that we will travel too. Guatemala is currently in the works for the first issue. We will research out the taboos, laws, and cultural aspects of photography about that place. It will also explore the different regions inside that country/place. We will include best places to stay, how to get around, great times of year for which type of photo opps that are available, (like when migratory birds are there, or maybe orchids blooming, or who knows even if it snows.) We will also try to include a fun section on traveling with cameras or other equipment. Of course I have to include any pertinent information as to where to get film. It will also be helpful if there are any camera shops that can do repairs in these places we travel too. I personally do not want it to be to places we have all seen many times, but new places that are not the overly exposed (pun intended) tourist spots. We will include history of the region, and also portfolios of those who have been there, or live there. I want to involve apuggers who live in those places to partcipate as well.

Once we expand we will include a darkroom edition, and a mentoring issue.

As a side note, over the weekend I was contacted to sell the magazine to another party. Hell no! I worked to hard to get it to this point, and I do not want the chance of it turning into another digigizmo whiz bang publication. We are not about bashing digital, but rather a publication that is intended to celebrate film. Please no suggestions about analog verses digital. Lets be happy with film and what we find so great about it.

Yes we will have color as well. It was more cost effective to have the first issue done in B&W. The printer has given us a mock up bible by which we know what pages are on the master sheet so that we can seperate the cost of printing certain major sheets in color and others in B&W. This will greatly reduce the printing costs associated with it.

I also want to thank my team. They are great people. There is Les McLean, Hans (clogz), Jim Galli, Robert Teague, Alan Peck, Tiffany Hall, and I now I'm forgetting many more. None of my team has been paid for all their work. This has been a venture solely done on a volunteer basis. We all wanted to see an analog publication suceed. Hopefully in the future that will change. Like Sean, he started apug with no expectations of monetary reward, but it has turned into his full time paying job.

I also want to thank those who have supported us and been so understanding. It has been a rough road to get it to this point. No one will know the tears I have shed, or the thousands upon thousands of dollars I have personally poured into getting this project going. There have been detractors who have complained and behind the scenes tried to sabatogue it with negative talk. In the end, I leave the first issue as our response to those nay sayers.

Emulsion started as an idea on apug, back in the fall of 2003. We as a team want to remain approachable about ideas. Remember that we are theme based. Random ideas may work into what is planned for the future, but it is best to ask first, before submitting any work.

LONG LIVE FILM!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes single copies will be available. Right now I know J&C will be carrying it, and a few other places. I need to get it set up also on our (we have to get it redone) web page to accomadate a single copy purchase. Note the single copy price will be $10 plus postage. Which at current postage rates is almost half what a subscription is.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Yes single copies will be available. Right now I know J&C will be carrying it, and a few other places. I need to get it set up also on our (we have to get it redone) web page to accomadate a single copy purchase. Note the single copy price will be $10 plus postage. Which at current postage rates is almost half what a subscription is.
    Hi Aggie,

If we sign up for a subscription, will we still get the first issue.

Thanks.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin