Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,974   Online: 938

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

'World of Lith Printing' is here (well almost)

I hope this is the correct and appropriate place to post this announcement. I have limited experience of these forums and don't wish to violate any etiquette.
    Perhaps some of you who are not on the WOLP mailing list might be interested to read the latest brief news update below. The advance copies have just arrived and they do look very handsome with some wonderful images, quite a few from APUG members.
    Tim

THE WORLD OF LITH PRINTING News update September 30th 2006.

First the good news …
    (and then some good news):

I received today my first 2 of the 12 advance copies of the book, air-mailed from Singapore for magazine reviewers.

I am pleased to be able to tell you all that it looks VERY handsome.
    Knowing the quality of the images that have been contributed, I did expect it to be good. But there is nothing quite like the moment of holding one's new book for the very first time and opening it with that inevitable mixture of both excitement and apprehension.

I have to say that I was very impressed and it even exceeds my expectations.

It is much larger than the first Lith printing book, 'The Master Photographer's Lith printing Course' and the quality of reproduction and paper are very good indeed. The images are striking, eye-catching and very varied in concept, style and technique and they are all backed up by a wealth of information. I think it will be very inspirational, both for lith printers and also for anybody who is involved with other image-making processes and I am sure that all of you who have work represented in it will be very pleased.

The hard back limited edition is very elegant too, with a beige cover, inserted into a sturdy cloth covered slip case in a darker brown. The minimal title text is in gold blocking.

I would like to once again thank all of you who supported this project and made it possible - thank you.

The other good news is that the book is on time and may actually arrive a little early. All the other books are to be sent surface post from Singapore and should dock in 2 - 3 weeks time. As soon as my orders arrive, after sorting and dispatch from the warehouse, I shall complete the signing and numbering and begin posting as quickly as I can. I hope this may be by the end of September.

Tim Rudman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news indeed, looking forward to it.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sure Tim, wave the candy at us then tell us we can't have it for 2 months!

Waiting eaglery, impatiently,
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Congratulations Tim,

I can not wait. Your previous books were singlehandedly responsable for my return to the darkroom.
    I'm really looking forward to this new "Lith-bible".

Jaap Jan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Congratulations Tim, I wish you the best with sales, and a big "thank you" for passing along your knowledge in this field.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall
    Sure Tim, wave the candy at us then tell us we can't have it for 2 months!
    Waiting eaglery, impatiently,
    2 months? With any luck and a following wind it should be about 4 weeks :-)
    Just about long enough to make another lith print;-)
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For book reviewers???? Ya know Robert Hall is Emulsion's editor's hubby. Maybe he could review the book for Emulsion?
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good! I just put in my order. The reviews on the web page look very good!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    For book reviewers???? Ya know Robert Hall is Emulsion's editor's hubby. Maybe he could review the book for Emulsion?
    Bwahahaha, (Evil laugh). I would love to!!

Really, any excuse to sit down with a good book will do.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Tim! I'm looking forward to holding one in my hands.

Bill

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin