Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,705   Online: 969

Shooter
    Large Format

Dorothea Lange, New Images

Images impounded by the Government were recently found in the National Archives. Read the NYT Review of the book Impounded
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In the movie "Dorothea Lange: A Visual Life" (by Meg Partridge), a series of photographs showing the involuntary evacuation of Japanese-Americans from San Francisco are shown, along with photos of the billboards of the time ("It takes 21 tons of coal to kill one Jap"). I can only imagine how powerful her pictures of the camps must be....I'll definitely be ordering this book...
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Received the book....

....thanks doughowk for bringing this to my attention....
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Images
    I am surrised the made it to the archives. The gvt is pretty good at destroying things. The fact these exist is a good thing.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin