Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,216   Posts: 1,532,124   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

a landscape book you should have

hi all,

you may know this book already. Anyway I got my copy some time ago, and it is awesome! Photographs are stunning and printing/binding couldn't be better. I have the limited edition, with a great print and a beautiful slipcase. It is very very much worth getting it. In my eyes it is a landscape book that you should have - if you like landscapes.

http://www.photoeye.com/templates/mS...?Catalog=ZC882

Best,
    M

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It looks nice from what I could see from the website. Unfortunately, all the images were in B&W, none in color. While there are several books of B&W that I either own, or want to own - like John Sexton's new book - that I can pass on this one.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks very much for the link. Looks like a very nice B&W Landscape Book. I just got a hard cover signed copy of John Sexton's book that I purchased at Photo Plus. I can not afford another at this point, and as Robert has indicated, I would personally prefer a book of Color Landscapes.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    looks good on the website, not much of a surprise in that, but i doubt any book is worth $450, well that'd actually be a lot more in Aussie dollars

i think i'd rather buy a heap of film and make my own images

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    $450 includes a print - not a bad price, when you take that into account. $70 for just the book.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got my LE and it`s worth it! A wonderful original print included!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath View Post
    looks good on the website, not much of a surprise in that, but i doubt any book is worth $450, well that'd actually be a lot more in Aussie dollars

i think i'd rather buy a heap of film and make my own images
    the limited edition is more an investment than a book. and you get a print with it. Josef's editioned prints starts from $800 or so. So it is very much worth it. Anyway, the trade edition with the book alone is also great - and that for just $70

M

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
    the limited edition is more an investment than a book. and you get a print with it. Josef's editioned prints starts from $800 or so. So it is very much worth it. Anyway, the trade edition with the book alone is also great - and that for just $70

M
    that may well be true and known in some quarters, i don't know this person or their work, i'd rather spend the money on my own work, or the work of someone i greatly admire such as Kenro Izu, Michael Kenna, Bill Schwab (sorry if i've spelt that wrong Bill)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    that may well be true and known in some quarters, i don't know this person or their work, i'd rather spend the money on my own work, or the work of someone i greatly admire such as Kenro Izu, Michael Kenna, Bill Schwab (sorry if i've spelt that wrong Bill)
    okay. but then you should at least take a look at his work online at www.josefhoflehner.net

M

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    that may well be true and known in some quarters, i don't know this person or their work,
    You might want to take the time to look a little deeper. He is EXTREMELY prolific and I think his work stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the other fine photographers you mentioned.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin