Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,328   Online: 871

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The issue finally showed up at Borders yesterday.

I usually don't pick up Black and White Photography due to its cost, but I made an exception for this issue. Great article about Bill and his work. I encourage anyone who has access to either a Barnes and Nobel or Borders bookstore to at least sit down and read the article if not purchase this issue.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are all very kind. Thank you all very much for picking it up and giving it a read. It has been very exciting and the response via here and email has been pretty overwhelming. I had a spotlight several years ago in the American B&W and didn't get a fraction of the response I've had from this one. It was the September, 2001 issue so I am assuming that had an effect as well.

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I went out to the park at lunch time today, and got the opportunity to really read this article. It is a great article, full of wonderful images.

On other thing I noticed, that no one has picked up on, is a wonderful image by our own Baxter Bradford. He is known for his color work, but has a good eye for B&W (although I think the image in the magazine would have worked better in color ).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bought this issue as well, as soon as I seen it, Bill has some amazing work.The shot of the dog statue is truly amazing, some majic in that photo. i havent went out shooting at night, but Bill has inspired me to do so , and to get out there this winter, barely took any shots last winter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those who haven't hear of him, Bill Schwab has a great web site at. My favorite shot on it is:

http://www.billschwab.com/archive/ga...ches_1999.html

and he also has very nice book out.

For those looking for the magazine web site, it can be a bit tricky to find:

http://www.thegmcgroup.com/item--Bla...y--1003BW.html
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a copy yesterday and say congratulations to Bill for the fine work in the magazine. The entire issue is actually very well done. I had my son read it and especially the dodge and burn article. Again good going Bill.

Curt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin