Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,568   Online: 868

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MAGNAchrom Issue #2 is now available free to registered users

I am pleased to announce that the 2nd issue of MAGNAchrom is available for free to registered users at www.magnachrom.com.

This issue is primarily an analog one with articles featuring the work of Lance Keimig, Michael Veit, and Jorge Gasteazoro. There is also a free downloadable BTZS spreadsheet for those of you who still do darkroom work and wish to explore this advanced method of shooting and printing B&W.

MAGNAchrom is published six times per year and is dedicated to users of medium and large format cameras. We look forward to your feedback and hope to see some of your (medium or large format) work in these pages!
    J Michael Sullivan
    Editor/Publisher, MAGNAchrom
    www.magnachrom.com

...SOMETIMES I SEE THINGS...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Aren't you a little late with this post? I think I read it almost 2 days ago now (Saturday night??).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Aren't you a little late with this post? I think I read it almost 2 days ago now (Saturday night??).
    The official notice went out today, Monday Dec 18th. If you managed to have heard about it previous to today, then I would assume that you were informed by one of our many beta testers. (as a side note: we *DID* send out an early notice yesterday to people who had trouble registering the first issue -- perhaps you were one of those?)

Anyway, since this is an analog forum (and this is a mostly analog issue), we would very much like receive any feedback (positive or negative) about the magazine -- especially the BTZS article and the free BTZS calculator. (in particular, we hope to receive any ideas for improvements to the calculator as that will continue to be revisioned for many years to come)

We hope you appreciate MAGNAchrom and we look forward to continue serving the analog community for many years.

BTW, the next issue features the stunning B&W work of Don Kirby.
    J Michael Sullivan
    www.magnachrom.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No, I'm just one of those idiots that was checking your site every couple of days looking for something new to read. I knew it was due any day, so it was just a matter of seeing the new issue and downloading it.

Unfortunately the new 4 squares feature leaves me with only TLR's as a choice, but then again I probably won't have anything (that I feel is) worth submitting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Unfortunately the new 4 squares feature leaves me with only TLR's as a choice, but then again I probably won't have anything (that I feel is) worth submitting.
    So are you saying that you would be willing to submit to MC if we had a large-format equivalent to 4-square?

If so, what would we call it? 4-sheets?

No seriously, is this something people would want to see?
    J Michael Sullivan
    www.magnachrom.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three sheets to the wind.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGNAchrom View Post
    So are you saying that you would be willing to submit to MC if we had a large-format equivalent to 4-square?

If so, what would we call it? 4-sheets?

No seriously, is this something people would want to see?
    I shoot both MF and LF (as well as the occasional 35mm), and I shoot all in a wide range of formats. About 90% of my MF is 6x4.5, 90% of the remainder is 6x9. The final 1% is about equally divided between 6x6 and 6x7. So not a lot of squares there...

I prefer the narrower formats, which may be part of the reasin why I prefer 5x7" and 9x12cm to 4x5", and 18x24cm to 8x10". 24x30cm is a great format, and 30x40cm is both too big and too square for me.

So: No, I don't believe I'll contribute to 4-square in the near future.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just downloaded both issues. Fantastic content! Not through the first issue yet, can't wait to read the latest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGNAchrom View Post
    We hope you appreciate MAGNAchrom and we look forward to continue serving the analog community for many years.
    Great initiative, I registered and enjoyed the issue. Anda ... I shoot 6x6 (Rolleiflex 6008i)

M.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Three sheets to the wind.
    LOL! Hey that would be an interesting column:

ANNOUNCING: Three Sheets to the Wind -- photos taken when you were intoxicated!

I guess the only concern I would have is how to PROVE you were snookered when taking the photos (wouldn't be fair if you weren't after all!)
    J Michael Sullivan
    www.magnachrom.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin