Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,685   Posts: 1,482,285   Online: 912

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    David, are you familiar with the brothers Quay? They adapted Schulz's story into a stop-motion movie (their medium)
    http://www.zeitgeistfilms.com/film.p...etofcrocodiles
    Yes, of course. They are supposedly working on another film connected to Schulz, but I've heard this more than once, and I don't know if it is true.

Another great film based on Schulz is Wojciech Has's _Sanatorium under the Sign of the Hourglass_. Has is most known for _The Saragossa Manuscript_, which was made famous in the US in part by Jerry Garcia.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Published recently in B and W magazine June issue which just came out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

my turn!

Ok, since I started this thread, I might as well add my humble entry.

My father is actually who published a book of stories lately, but he happened to have an artist as a son and to make use for some of the skills he payed for dearly, he decided to use some of my photographs.
    He insisted to have his glorious portrait on the front cover, a picture of the sea at the back cover and he was delighted by my choice for the flap picture.
    My mother didn't approve of the latter.
    I am sure some will recognize them.
    Some people actually had nice things to say about my photos, imagine that!
    I even got some empty promises and hollow interest for professional projects.
    Oh, well.
    Maybe next book.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Book1.jpg   Book2.jpg   Book3.jpg  
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Last month's Classic Van and PickUp magazine.
    Single pager on Beaulieu Autojumble.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    nasa.gov and some brochure type things.... all for digital images!

i bind my own hand made artist books..! i have lots of them
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I assume that to be a published member doesn't require that your published works be photographs. That part of my career is in the past.

Does it matter if the published works are on a legitimate Web site? By that I mean a site by a respected publisher.

I retired two weeks ago, and photography remains my hobby. However, my published works go on.

The Pulitzer Prize-winning Toledo Blade, from where I retired, has added me as a writer of a blog/column appearing regularly on its Web site toledoblade.com. My smiling face appears on the first page of the site. I can still take photos and add them to my postings as I choose.

It gives me something to do in retirement for a few hours each week. I have the freedom to write on just about any topic I want.

And it helps keep me off the streets and out of the pool halls.

Check out the first couple blogs on toledoblade.com. Comment, critique or complain about them if you'd like. There's a link to respond directly to me at the bottom of each blog post.

Ken Rosenbaum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey View Post
    I assume that to be a published member doesn't require that your published works be photographs.
    The thread is really about published work related to photography. Not just photographs, but any articles and opinion on photography.

Btw, give my regards to Klinger.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a portfolio featured in this month's (April/May) issue of a magazine called, "VISIONS- Art & Photography" which is only available at Chapter's across Canada. The publisher lives on the island. Vancouver Island that is.
    Last edited by BWKate; 05-16-2008 at 12:21 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot to say which island

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    1993, 2003, 2004 Providence Business News
    ( published every week )

Eastside Monthly / Providence Monthly 2004

Institutional Investor

Shell Oil Company "Spectacular" Sign
    187 Magazine Street
    Landmark Designation Report

i'll have some photographs published in a Cranston Herald (very soon),
    and hopefully that book with all those "world records"
    (it's the world's largest meatball).

john
    Last edited by jnanian; 06-07-2008 at 08:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    ....Been working on a book (just the photography) for the last year and a half. The book should be out next summer. It's about the history of a local farm area near Ann Arbor.

Everything was, and continues to be, shot with film only.

Marc
    Well, the above message was from last December 23rd and the book is still not completed yet, but, the cover has been decided on: http://www.press.umich.edu/titleDetailDesc.do?id=361228 . All the photos on the cover are mine, save for the sunflowers.

I wish they had a larger image to show. I think my name isn't mentioned here yet because although I shot 70% (150-200) of the photos for this book, they'd have to mention the other photographers, too. However, they don't know who the photographers are for some of the pics, so, to make it simple (I guess) there are no photographer's names credited yet. All I know is, the writer fought to get the designer to enter a photo credit under each and every image (if known). That's better than just a listing at the end of the book, with no credits under the images themselves.

Anyway, the book should be out in September.

Marc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin