Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,411   Online: 964

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i'm not able to find it on their website
    and i don't have the 2009 edition yet
    but look for me under "largest meatball"
    in the guiness book of world records.
    it was 72+ lbs.
    Last edited by jnanian; 09-14-2008 at 11:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This is a copy/paste from another forum about B&W Magazine.
    They published three photographs out of probably a dozen I sent. It was the December 2003 issue/#28. It was stuff I shot there while in London on a few visits between 1987 - 1990. Mostly street shots and some on the subway or 'Tube'. I sent 11x14s I printed on Oriental Seagull - very good reproduction. I had a few back and forth international phone conversations with the Features Editor, Tracy Hallett and her assistant leading up to and after publication. I didn't have access to email then. I remember them being very professional and enthusiastic in their work. I don't recall the time span between submission of prints and the phone call informing me they were going to publish a few. I think I was eventually paid something around $200 and the photos were returned intact.
    Russ
    http://russmarshallphotographs.net/index.html
    brass majestic is online now Reply With Quote

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In November, 2003 Popular Photography did a 2 page spread of my fine art photos of rural Indiana. I have also been a staffer for two local magazines (Fort Wayne Magazine and Northern Indiana Lakes). Both have published numerous photos from me. A number of my commercial clients have used my photos in ads and such too which I guess is being published.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Not photography related but I was just published this month by an automotive trade publication, Counterman Magazine. Here's the link.

http://www.counterman.com//Article/3...r_service.aspx
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format

I do have a new book on Stand Development

Here is the description. It is filled with 60+ images and is half a reference book on stand development:

"Iridescent Light - The Art of Stand Development" is the reference book on how to do stand development. Stand development is a variation of regular black and white film development whereby developer is diluted and the development step is extended from the typical five to ten minutes to one to three hours. What results is pure magic–a silvery, iridescent image with a beautiful, long tonal range.

Half of the book is instructional, and the other half, beautiful images illustrating the technique. For anyone wanting to process their own black and white film using this easy technique, this is the new bible. Filled with comparisons of film and developer combinations, several combinations of materials and processes, you will have the information to get you started with stand development.

Iridescent Light also encourages experimentation with different developers and additives. How easy is Stand Development? Agitate your film as usual for the first five minutes, then put your film tank aside for a few hours. The catch? You have to use the right film and developer in the right dilution.

Find out how household Borax can improve your process. Learn how Vitamin C not only prevents scurvy, but also produces improved results with any development technique. Which films and developers are the best? It is all in this book. Get the coffee table book packed with how-to techniques.

"Iridescent Light - The Art of Stand Development" is 120 pages, beautifully printed on premium paper, and on sale now at Blurb.com in hard and soft cover. Ships Internationally. You can preview the book at http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/533375.

Michael Axel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IridescentLightBookCoverx375Shadow.png  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The book is finally out. http://www.press.umich.edu/titleDetailDesc.do?id=361228 . "Domino's Farms - Landmark Office Park In the Country" is the title. Kind of describes the history of the place through words (Bertie Bonnell) and photographs. I have 60% of the 250 images in the book. Most of the 40% I didn't do were pre-1998, before I started taking photos there. One of my biggest thrills with this project is to see my name along with Balthazar Korab's name in the credits.

Here are some pics from the 'Media Kit': http://www.press.umich.edu/mediakits/index.jsp . These pics don't represent the actual photos very well, but they give an idea of what's in the book, I suppose.

FWIW, all photos were shot with film.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    My published work is pretty much limited to local stuff here in southeast Michigan.......
    ...Been working on a book (just the photography) for the last year and a half. The book should be out next summer. It's about the history of a local farm area near Ann Arbor.

Everything was, and continues to be, shot with film only.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    The book is finally out. http://www.press.umich.edu/titleDetailDesc.do?id=361228 . "Domino's Farms - Landmark Office Park In the Country" is the title. Kind of describes the history of the place through words (Bertie Bonnell) and photographs. I have 60% of the 250 images in the book. Most of the 40% I didn't do were pre-1998, before I started taking photos there. One of my biggest thrills with this project is to see my name along with Balthazar Korab's name in the credits.

Here are some pics from the 'Media Kit': http://www.press.umich.edu/mediakits/index.jsp . These pics don't represent the actual photos very well, but they give an idea of what's in the book, I suppose.

FWIW, all photos were shot with film.

Marc

Congratulations Marc, well done!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Marc! That's great news! Wow.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Nicole and Thomas! I'm still a little shocked at the price of the book, but I had no control over that. It's a beautifully designed, high quality, 9"x13" coffee table style hardcover that lists for $35, which is about half of what I thought it would retail for, and, with the discounts the big book retailers demand, the book can be had for well under $30.

In any case, this 2 1/2 year undertaking was the most fun project I've ever been involved in. I'm following up, if all goes well, with an exhibition this spring at Domino's Farms.

Marc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So much talent in this forum.

My latest "exposure" was in late 2008 on "Silvershotz", which granted me the cover and an 18 images exposure.
    I have never had so much space in a magazine before and I am very grateful for it.
    For prints sales, workshops and individual lessons,
    please, check my website

My APUG Portfolio
    http://www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=196<p>

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin