Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,355   Online: 1182

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Recently had a series of family and friends portraits taken with my 8x10 camera published in B+W mag (UK), September 2010, issue 115.

I was filmed, along with three other photographer friends, using my 4x5 camera for the UK TV programme 'Country House Rescue', which was film at a wonderful old Scottish shooting lodge. We had a hoot of a time. One of my photographs from the shoot was also shown on the small screen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an article related to analog photography (quite in the spirit of apug!), and a couple of my photos published in the free online photo magazine "Blur".
    The link is http://www.blur-magazine.com/blur-magazine-19/.

My article is called "Analog Wabi-Sabi", and it's the first in a (hopefully) series of essays - mostly in the spirit of analog photography.

I'm also the author of several English translations for the current issue #19

The "Blur" magazine can be freely downloaded in PDF format. It's published in Croatia, in Croatian and English language versions.
    And, I like to think that in the case of "Blur" magazine, the old saying "You get what you pay for" most certainly is not true

Denis

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    This year I have been included in the Silvershotz Folio 2010 which is a presentation from the Silvershotz magazine of 32 new photographers and a selection of their pictures. On the webpage for Silvershotz there is a list of all the photographers and their webpage or e-mail addresses.
    On my own webpage ( heliochroma.com ) I will in due time include the pdf-file for my presentation.
    Best wishes for the Christmas and New Year holidays to all of you.

Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

http://www.silvershotz.com/

http://www.heliochroma.com/

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations, Karl-Gustaf.
    Charles Hohenstein

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you , Charles and Black Dog.

Karl-Gustaf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photobook Just Out - Three Cities: streets in black and white

New book: Three Cities

"Three Cities" contains 63 images shot on or just off the street in Singapore, Bologna and Montevideo. All of the photographs in the book were taken using black and white negative film and were shot with a Pentax 35mm SLR or a Rolleiflex TLR between 2003 and 2010. The book is in 8"x10" landscape format (soft or hardcover) printed on Premium Matte paper.

Do take a look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My main publication is the book Way Beyond Monochrome, 1st and 2nd edition, but I also made a larger contribution to The Focal Encyclopedia of Photography, not counting numerous photo magazine articles.

http://www.darkroomagic.com/Darkroom...lications.html
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Is a Utube video posting considered a published work?

This is a 5 minute video of some of my photographs around Detroit set to the music of the great Pepper Adams Quintet from a 1957 album. Anyway -- enjoy the music of a Detroit-born original baritone sax master.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lots of pix in newspapers, college and local, as well as some work for the local musician's union. Rear cover of my old college catalog. The catalog one was shot on 4x5 C-41 (Portra 400NC), the musician's union stuff on b/w film, and the newspaper stuff on digital. Most of the stuff I shoot for money (and I am not a full time professional shooter) is for weddings. Plenty of my stuff was published when I shot products and advertising shots daily for a local business for about two years, but that doesn't count because it was for advertising the business and selling things online. I no longer shoot for newspapers, though that was my main focus for several years. I'd like to get back into it in a dream world in which I am able to do it for a respectable publication or agency, but unless it it at that level, it is really a crappy job to tell you the truth. Little pay, and constant work in high-stress situations with the need to get it right, or else you're a screw up. I could handle that for a time, but I am too lazy and care too little now. So I shoot and assist for weddings and stock shoots. I have a few series of my own stuff that I plan on putting into books. That's about it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin