Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,454   Online: 987

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    For fairly obvious reasons -- I'd be accused of rather more shameless self-promotion than most people can handle -- I don't announce every new publication, or indeed any, but I can't resist this opportunity.

Over the last 25-30 years I've had published more than 50 books, and hundreds (probably thousands) of magazine articles. Most have been on photography but others have been on subjects as diverse as the Tibetan cause, motorcycling, travel, motor cars and cookery -- and I am rather proud of my contributions to the Oxford Companion to the Photograph.

My latest book, A Matter of Opinion, was published a few weeks ago by Mage Press, ISBN 0-9527109-5-1 and is linked on www.ilford.com. It's a collection of my columns from Amateur Photographer magazine in the UK and is ideal reading for the smallest room.

Details of the rest are on www.rogerandfrances.com, under 'books' and 'magazines' on the home page.

Cheers,

Roger
    And, of course, you have an article in Shutterbug (February edition). I enjoyed your review on that camera--it was fun to read.

Sadly, nothing from Frances this month, but then we've already talked about that.

Pat

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    This week my first book came out. I didn't write it, but 200 of my photos illustrate it. It's called "Jessica McClintock's Simply Romantic Decorating"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rorye View Post
    This week my first book came out. I didn't write it, but 200 of my photos illustrate it. It's called "Jessica McClintock's Simply Romantic Decorating"

Congratulations Rory, well done!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have some publications in scientific journals but perhaps more of interest on this site is this:

http://tinyurl.com/2caqjb

It is a link to a PDF file.

Oh, as mentioned in this article, I contributed 4 articles to Encyclopedia of twentieth-century photography (3 volumes set).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had photos published in local newspapers, New England Home mag each month, and images used in company brochures and business websites. ...but no books in the horizon...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have an article in the current issue of PHOTO TECHNEQUES
    Doyle
    It is easier to gain enlightenment than to explain enlightenment.
    Supreme Master Ching Hai

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photos of the Loma Prieta Earthquake, 1989. I was a co-author of this paper (C.E. Meyer) - not exactly fine art, but reportage. Most of my other publications are technical geology with few photographs, but lotsa graphs....

http://pubs.usgs.gov/dds/dds-29/

I have four published books:

Landscapes 1975-1979 (Winner of Le Grand Prix du Livre--best photography book of the year--at the 1981 Festival in Arles, France.) Introduction by James Enyeart, then Director of the Center for Creative Photography in Tucson, Arizona.

Michael A. Smith: A Visual Journey--Photographs from Twenty-Five Years. This book was published on the occasion of my 25-year retrospective exhibition at the George Eastman House in 1992. Foreword by Marianne Fulton, then Curator of Photography at GEH, and essay by John Bratnober.

The Students of Deep Springs College. Portraits of the entire student body at the most unusual college in America. Published in 2000. With a preface by myself, an essay about the history and philosophy of the college by L. Jackson Newell, the president of Deep Springs. Writing by each of the 25 students, and an afterword by the well-known writer William Vollmann.

Tuscany: Wandering the Back Roads, Vol. II—8x20" photographs from three years photographing in Tuscany. Published in 2004. Volume I contains Paula Chamlee's 8x10" photographs. Introduction by Robert Sobieszek, late, and sorely missed, photography curator at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Foreword by Ferenc Maté, author of "The Hills of Tuscany."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just had 8 pictures and an article about me published in Issue 53 of B&W Magazine. I made a post here, on my blog when the issue came out last month.
    ". . . photographing as a two-way act of respect. Respect for the medium and letting it do what it does best- describe. And respect for the subject in describing it as it is. A photograph must be responsible to both."-- Garry Winogrand

"Art is just a Series of Natural Gestures."-- John Marin

My Platinum Printing Blog

My WEBSITE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is my meager contribution.....

East on Central 2007 - Chicago area literary arts magazine

Everyday Engineering: What Engineers See - about a dozen or so images in the book, it is an art/design book (really)

Mark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin