Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,563   Online: 753

Page 1 of 20 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Published APUG members

I have been going though the forum looking for books by APUG members, photographs or articles published in magazines and I thought it would be nice to have one thread with that information.
    When somebody gets published ofcourse they want to start a thread to tell people about it and others respond to it, so that's great, but how about one thread that has no responses just the information by the published members?
    So it will be easy to look up analog photographers in books or magazines.

So, how about it?
    Where have you been published or what is the name of your book(s), even out of print?
    (monographs, collections, technique, opinion, etc)
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    UK Black & White Photography Magazine - Feb 2006 - Featuring Portraiture

I have a few more things in the pipeline which I'll have to update during the year. I must admit to being lazy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It has been a while, but I did have some architectural work of mine published in Metropolitan Home magazine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photo Magazine, January 2006, an opinion piece with a photo of mine on the perceived ecological advantages of digital.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Virginia Wildlife, March 2006

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    So, how about it?
    Where have you been published or what is the name of your book(s), even out of print?
    (monographs, collections, technique, opinion, etc)
    For fairly obvious reasons -- I'd be accused of rather more shameless self-promotion than most people can handle -- I don't announce every new publication, or indeed any, but I can't resist this opportunity.

Over the last 25-30 years I've had published more than 50 books, and hundreds (probably thousands) of magazine articles. Most have been on photography but others have been on subjects as diverse as the Tibetan cause, motorcycling, travel, motor cars and cookery -- and I am rather proud of my contributions to the Oxford Companion to the Photograph.

My latest book, A Matter of Opinion, was published a few weeks ago by Mage Press, ISBN 0-9527109-5-1 and is linked on www.ilford.com. It's a collection of my columns from Amateur Photographer magazine in the UK and is ideal reading for the smallest room.

Details of the rest are on www.rogerandfrances.com, under 'books' and 'magazines' on the home page.

Cheers,

Roger

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    http://narrationsinlight.com/narrati...ishedworks.htm

Here is the link to my website with some of my published credits. Scroll down to see them.

Verizon also used to buy my work regularly for the NJ Showcase Pages, the phone directory magazine section in the front, highlighting the coverage area. Then they cut their budget.
    Last edited by RAP; 01-04-2007 at 08:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.calphalonculinarycenter.com/

Many of the images are mine. Plus most of the images in their culinary school brochures and I have three large murals hanging in their Toronto lobby.

I also have taken corporate photos for GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer, promotional pics for River City and many pro bono assignments for several non-profit organizations in Toronto and recently in New London, CT.

And of course there are certain ... ahem ... images in some men's magazines. Plus when I was in unversity I have a number of credits in the local and university newspapers. I probably have images in at least a dozen modeling agency comp cards and hundreds of model and actor portfolios.

No articles or books (yet). I just love this hobby!

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 01-04-2007 at 09:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm most proud of my picture of Fred Phelps that appeared in the supermarket tabloid, The Globe.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Numerous Ads from commercial work and recently in the second issue of Emulsion, as well as articles on web sites.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Page 1 of 20 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin