Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,372   Online: 795

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll try and make this as well. Congratulations.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congratulations, Tsuyoshi!
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Thank you for your encouragement. We can meet up for tea or some sort if you have time? I will be there around... I should ask my friends first since I am not the one who drives!

Let's get together!

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    Last edited by Shinnya; 01-17-2007 at 02:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone,

I will be there around 2 pm on Saturday. If you see a Japanese guy with a long hair, that is me!

We are going to have a small party at my place afterwards with good Indian food and beer. If you want to join us, just let me know.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

JJC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I live nearby and have never been in the place. Congratulations! I'll try to make it Saturday.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Jim Horning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinnya View Post
    Thanks,

Let me know if you can make it on Jan 27. I will be probably there for the opening.

Also, let me know what you think of the print whenever you get a chance to see it.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    Hi Tsuyoshi,

I was hoping to make this today, but unfortunately due to a last minute errand that came up I will not be able to. I will try to be there tomorrow or the next weekend.

Good luck, and best wishes!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow -- I actually got there. A bit of a drive and a last minute decision, but well worth seeing. So I met Tsuyoshi -- my first face to face meeting of another APUGger. According to the program, the 91 pieces on exhibit were selected from 767 works submitted by 293 photographers. I'd say anyone with work hanging on those walls should feel proud to be there.

I was a little disappointed at the percentage of d****al work, though it was certainly of exemplary quality. Tsuyoshi's platinum/gum bichromate print was very impressive. After I work some of the kinks out my more ordinary processes I may have to check out his studio classes.

So now I wonder how many APUG ships passed quietly in the afternoon. The place was wall-to-wall people when I got there at 2:00, it wouldn't be hard to miss somebody even if I knew what they looked like. Guess we should print an APUG logo business card to clip on our shirt pockets (or stick on our foreheads ) when attending such events.

Thanks Tsuyoshi for bringing this show to our attention.

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Dave,

It was nice to meet and chat with you a lttile today. Hope you will work on your darkroom and make meaningful comeback to photography in general.

It was really crowded at the occasion as it always is. I have to go back to really see images there again. I got there a little late and was a little too busy meeting with familiar faces at the opening.

I was happy to find out that my print was actually sold! It was my first time to sell my print in this way. The in-house curator told me later that a wife of a curator for Johnson & Johnson bought my print. They purchase one print from the show for their corporate collection every year. I suppose mine will be a part of the couple's private collection, which sounds exciting!

If anyone happens to be in the area, stop by to see the show. It will be up for a month. There are a lot of good images at the show which will satisfy your taste.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Shooter
    Medium Format

Perkins

I was there, but missed Tsuyoshi. Glad to see his print sold! I wonder (not related to this thread) if there is a master list of places where (like Perkins) one can submit prints fopr exhibition?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Terry,

Yes, there is! Not everything, but quite a lot.

Here

Also, PhotoReview publishes a newsletter 4-5 times a year where they list a lot of competitions/call for work.

Also, we are going to start one soon when we finish another studio space in the back of the building too!

Thank you again for your comment. I am excited that the print was purchased too.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Quote Originally Posted by trhull View Post
    I was there, but missed Tsuyoshi. Glad to see his print sold! I wonder (not related to this thread) if there is a master list of places where (like Perkins) one can submit prints fopr exhibition?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin