Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,863   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    Dave - which book? I've been looking for a copy of The 20 yr Retrospective but it's been out of print. I'm thinking of making the trip so if it's available there that would be an additional incentive!

Richard,
    Both “Retrospective” and “Twenty Year Retrospective” were available plus one on Japan, but I cannot remember which. Maybe you could get the museum shop phone number off their web site and give then a ring to ask, and even reserve one. I think they have been a little taken aback by the level of interest.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    Richard,
    Both “Retrospective” and “Twenty Year Retrospective” were available plus one on Japan, but I cannot remember which. Maybe you could get the museum shop phone number off their web site and give then a ring to ask, and even reserve one. I think they have been a little taken aback by the level of interest.
    Thanks Dave - good idea. I'm currently thinking of tying a visit to the ex with one to Focus as it's a long way to go from here for just one event. I'd suggest a UK APUGgers meet at Focus but I rather suspect that like the last few years it will be 90% digital :rolleyes:
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    Thanks Dave - good idea. I'm currently thinking of tying a visit to the ex with one to Focus as it's a long way to go from here for just one event. I'd suggest a UK APUGgers meet at Focus but I rather suspect that like the last few years it will be 90% digital :rolleyes:
    Only 90%, you must have found a good year!
    Don't forget to squirt an ink jet at Les on the Harman stand. The Kenna exhibition will be the perfect foil to Focus.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The list of exhibitors at http://www.focus-on-imaging.co.uk shows there may be enough analogue or neutral stands to make a vist worthwhile. Think I'll hire a Burka so I'm not recognised when browsing the Adobe stand (actually, thinking on it, anyone who knows what I look like would not be fooled even by a head-to-toe cover-up)... Hmmm, Stowe Landscape Gardens is fairy close to Banbury.

I did once see a fine Lady riding a white horse near there: made a hell of a racket as she rode past a Celtic cross I was photographing. Sounded like Tubular Bells played through an iPod's earphones...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tubular Bells; a fine suit of music, both 1 and 2. Good for rattling the dust off my enlarger.
    Thermals may be required at Stowe this time of year, a touch exposed in parts, the gardens not you; but plenty of photographic interest there.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    Bob. If you've already been to Stowe then nuff said. If not then well worth a visit or second or third.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The only trouble with Stowe is that it has a National Trust’s jobs-worth on the gate who gives you the rubberhose treatment as to why-you-have-tripod-if-you-aren’t-professional-and-therefore-should-buy-a-photography-permit before you can get in.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    The only trouble with Stowe is that it has a National Trust’s jobs-worth on the gate who gives you the rubberhose treatment as to why-you-have-tripod-if-you-aren’t-professional-and-therefore-should-buy-a-photography-permit before you can get in.
    Ha! We'll see what he has to say about my Shen Hao then: probably tell me I can't use a portable TV in the grounds...

Cheers, Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't remember where it was, probably Norfolk, but I've been "jobs-worthed" before when the attendant or whatever seemed to think they had ownership over the queen's beach! They said something about protecting the habitat from publicity but I didn't even have a 600mm lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am undecided about his work and would love to be able to go....but cannot. Would hope viewing his work up front and personal would help me figure out what it is that is at present stopping me from really liking what he does, or alternatively dispell such thoughts!

Another time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin