Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,725   Posts: 1,515,031   Online: 1182

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Barry - that's one of my favourite places - I've often spent the night at Waylands Smithy - would like to see how your pics turned out - I've never really got any successful pics of the area - I think it's all too "big" to capture on film.

I'm off to the exhibition this weekend - any tips for where to stay overnight? Is Banbury a nice place?
    Leon, it must be pretty spooky at Wayland's Smithy over night. Was anything going on or was it a lone vigil?

I'll post a print of a shot of The Manger. I've only scanned it so far but it looks like it might make a nice print. I'll hopefully get round to printing it next week.

I don't know Banbury at all well. The Museum's right on the canal and the whole area has been nicely re-developed. You're actually some way from the town centre. I understand that the centre's quite oldie-worldy and quite attractive so you'll probably find somewhere to stay.

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bwakel View Post
    Leon, it must be pretty spooky at Wayland's Smithy over night. Was anything going on or was it a lone vigil?

I'll post a print of a shot of The Manger. I've only scanned it so far but it looks like it might make a nice print. I'll hopefully get round to printing it next week.

I don't know Banbury at all well. The Museum's right on the canal and the whole area has been nicely re-developed. You're actually some way from the town centre. I understand that the centre's quite oldie-worldy and quite attractive so you'll probably find somewhere to stay.

Barry
    The town centre is but a short walk through the shopping centre from the museum, and from what I saw, quite photogenic.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Barry - that's one of my favourite places - I've often spent the night at Waylands Smithy - would like to see how your pics turned out - I've never really got any successful pics of the area - I think it's all too "big" to capture on film.

I'm off to the exhibition this weekend - any tips for where to stay overnight? Is Banbury a nice place?
    I don't know it well enough to be able to recommend a hotel, but if it helps the tourist information centre is by the museum and I've alway found them good for sorting out accommodation.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Just got back from Banbury. I'm so glad I managed to make it to the exhibition. I found it very inspiring. Like others I was surprised at how small the images were. Very delicate, truly exquisite photos. His toning technique worked perfectly. I learnt a lot.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I went too - and was pretty much blown away- they were every bit as good as I hoped they might be. And, I bumped into mikeg (see above). I was hoping to have a bit more of a chat with him after I'd finished looking through the exhibition, but after looking through the books, I looked up and he'd gone. Maybe next time Mike

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    And, I bumped into mikeg (see above). I was hoping to have a bit more of a chat with him after I'd finished looking through the exhibition, but after looking through the books, I looked up and he'd gone. Maybe next time Mike
    Sorry about that -- I was on a tight schedule and had to get back home to take the kids out. I'll probably come down to Ross-on-Wye for the day on the Saturday, so maybe see you there?

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A cracking exhibition, made better by meeting Carl Radford and his better half Liz.

J
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Was excellent; glad I made it before it finished.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin