Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,922   Online: 1013

Thread: Paris Exhibit

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Paris Exhibit

For those in or near the D.C. area, the National Gallery has a small exhibit called "Paris in Transition." It shows a number of photographers including Atget, Brassai, one Brandt, Kertesz, Stieglitz, Steichen, and others. Very cool to see prints by so many legendary photographers. By the way, it is not listed on the web site. Check it out.

Jmal

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmal View Post
    By the way, it is not listed on the web site.
    Yes it is.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That must be fairly new. I checked a couple days before I was there and did not see it. I aslo checked when I got home and did not see it.

Jmal

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmal View Post
    For those in or near the D.C. area, the National Gallery has a small exhibit called "Paris in Transition." It shows a number of photographers including Atget, Brassai, one Brandt, Kertesz, Stieglitz, Steichen, and others. Very cool to see prints by so many legendary photographers. By the way, it is not listed on the web site. Check it out.

Jmal
    Except for one Brassai the photographs by the legends left me cold.

However, there were a number of gigantic albumen contact prints (16x20 at least, maybe bigger) from wet plate collodion negatives which nearly brought tears to my eyes. Never have I seen more beautiful prints. Gustave Le Gray, Charles Marville and Hippolyte-Auguste Collard were all represented with prints (and pictures) to die for. Well worth the trek downtown if you live around here. In the photo gallery just off the Seventh Street entrance, West Building.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin