Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,671   Online: 982

Shooter
    Multi Format

Book about infrared photography

Dear APUG members!
    Which book would you recommend to the begginer in infrared photography. Let's say that I'm the one who want's to understand the topic thoroughly, not just scratch the surface. So, I need the book that contains informations ranging from choosing the right IR film and filters, exposing, focusing, through developing, printing etc. Shortly, everything about IR!
    Thank you for you recommendations!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd recommend Infrared Photography Handbook by Laurie White. She shows several examples with different filters, different film, etc... It's a good basic book to get started with, I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This might be of interest to you...

http://hughmilsom.co.uk/

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Barry, thanks for posting that link. I hadn't heard of him before and I think I'll ahve to go look for his work now.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    both of these books are excellent. Also, if you are interested in learning about color IR photography, I would like to suggest Stephen H. Begleiter's book titled, The Art of Color Infrared Photography.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There used to be a Kodak guide book that I found useful. I had it for years, but then lost it whilst moving house and I can't now remember the author and exact title. Big help huh, but it would probably come up on a web search.

David.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin