Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,045   Online: 1075

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi all, I would like to know which magazines do you think would be in our best interest to have a link association. As I previously mention Photovision has already agreed to a reciprocal link. I think this is outstanding since Photovision is one of the few magazines out there dedicated exclusively to traditional photography. OTOH some of the other magazines are a mixture and do provide some very interesting articles of interest to this memebership. So go ahead and vote and I will contact them.

BTW I would have put playboy there, but I figure nobody would vote for the other magazines.... . Amitedly I must be the only guy who admits to buy the magazine for the pictures...who cares what they have to say?

Shooter
    Large Format
    BTW I know I missed many magazines these seem to be the most popular in the US. What sense to put "Cuarto Oscuro" when probably none of you have read it! So dont feel slighted by the omission it is my ignorance (and lack of space) which omitted the other magazines.
    OTOH if any of you wish to start another poll for those magazines in Europe and other places, please do so and I will contact them!

To show our committment to traditional photography we will give anyone joining APUG a free issue of either View Camera or CameraArts.

This offer is good through Nov 15, 2002.

steve simmons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steve simmons @ Sep 25 2002, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>To show our committment to traditional photography we will give anyone joining APUG a free issue of either View Camera or CameraArts.

steve simmons</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
    Wow&#33; That is amazing Steve. On behalf of APUG a very big THANK YOU&#33; Long live traditional photography

Shooter
    Large Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steve simmons @ Sep 25 2002, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>To show our committment to traditional photography we will give anyone joining APUG a free issue of either View Camera or CameraArts.

Thank you Steve&#33; for your very gracious offer and commitment to our community.

Wow Steve, that&#39;s a great offer&#33; It goes for us members overseas as well I assume...
    - William Levitt

To bad the poll will not accept more then one vote as there are several good choices. I would have voted first for View Camera except I checked the results first and saw that it had gotten plenty of votes. Did I cheat?

I am assuming you will be able to link to several magazines.

Shooter
    Large Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BobF @ Sep 25 2002, 09:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>To bad the poll will not accept more then one vote as there are several good choices. I would have voted first for View Camera except I checked the results first and saw that it had gotten plenty of votes. Did I cheat?

I am assuming you will be able to link to several magazines.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
    Yes, we have already agreed links with View Camera, Camera Arts, and Photovision. I am working on PHOTO Techniques. I will be contacting the other magazines as well.

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steve simmons @ Sep 25 2002, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>To show our committment to traditional photography we will give anyone joining APUG a free issue of either View Camera or CameraArts.

Is this the "Using the View Camera" Steve Simmons? I ordered your book yesterday-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert @ Sep 26 2002, 02:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steve simmons @ Sep 25 2002, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>To show our committment to traditional photography we will give anyone joining APUG a free issue of either View Camera or CameraArts.

Is this the &quot;Using the View Camera&quot; Steve Simmons? I ordered your book yesterday-)</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
    Yep, the exact same one. You might want to get the issue and then maybe a subcription. When I got started View Camara magazine was a wonderful learning tool.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin