Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,757   Online: 1008

Thread: Our small group

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Our small group

I didn't know where to post this...

I have already mentioned our group of analog photographers (where I teach younger - sometimes - amateurs the delights of silver photography) on APUG before. Now I can direct you to our web page, where you'll have the chance to look at the member's work and read about our group's news.

You can reach it here: www.overexposed.eu or here: www.overexposed.drosia.gr

The group's name is "Overexposed" (as you might already know) and we are in the process of recruiting new menbers (about 10-15 new ones are on the way).

Tell me what you think about the site (designed by one of the members, amateur web page creator) and the pictures... feel free to correct the translation of the Greek text to the English language.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear George,

I have an inbuilt prejudice against animations, so it didn't start well. Then I couldn't seem to get the albums: a list of contents superimposed itself on the slide-show, but vanished.

What I could see of some of the pictures, I liked; but I lost patience too quickly to keep on looking at the site.

I'm probably a good person to ask about web-site faults, as I seem to be able to find even the ones that aren't there. I wish you the very best of luck with the group and the site, but I think the latter may need some amendment if it is to show off the skills of the photographers rather than those of the web page designer.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Website looks good but has bugs. For example, I went to "slide show", took 3 attempts to start this, then tried to go to "photo albums" and couldn't!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    George,

My sentiments mirror Roger's. Take my word with a grain of salt, though - I use Linux and Seamonkey as browser, so it might have something to do with the faulty browsing experience.

However, the end result is irritating - perhaps you could avoid animations and "flashy" content. The interface to galleries is not very intuitive. I also got superimposed gallery thumbnails jumping all over the place - difficult to control.

From what I've seen of photos, those look nice

Regards,

Denis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Though the pics are good the design and "handling" of the page can be improved. I needed to scroll up and down to view the albums and also when clicking on pictures from the sliding bar in the bottom of the pages if I wanted to view the whole picture. That I found anoying.
    Your frontpage looked good to me and I like the walking camera.
    Edit. Oh when going to the links page I get "manufactures" when clicking Galleries the first time
    Cheers
    Søren
    Last edited by Soeren; 03-27-2007 at 07:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just had a quick peek at it and the only things I need to mention are:
    1) I agree with the others about the gallery needing to be quicker and more intuitive
    2) The link at the front page to your website doesn't work
    3) It would be nice to have more information about the people of the team pictured, atleast their names.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi guys...

You're right, the web design could be much better... I am not capable of doing this myself (I don't have any idea about this crap) so we'll have to find someone who has...

The guys and girls didn't want their names mentioned. They appear when you put the pointer on one of their pictures.

I'm glad you like the pictures. The rest, we can fix...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin