Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,424   Online: 940

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi All,

Sometime in April I'll be heading to the U.S. to visit some family. I really want to visit a top notch photography gallery. A gallery where I can see a good selection of the best of the best. Old and new masters work.

My plan is to coordinate my flight from NZ to South Carolina in a way I can have a 1 day stopover where the gallery is located.

So something like- NZ ->L.A. ->(gallery location) then a day later ->South Carolina

Can anyone recommend a gallery that will totally blow me away and is somewhat close to a major airport? Thanks! Sean

Images
    Depending on what the show is, the international center for photography in midtown new york is great. I saw Migrations there, was totally blown away. I couldn't pick up a camera for weeks afterwards... to quote wayne amd garth.... "We're not worthy!"

Also, San Francisco has a ton of good places. Let me know if you decide to go there, I'll drive up and buy ya lunch!

Brian

hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi Sean, I dont know if this would help you but in Houston, the John Cleary Gallery is outstanding and the owner is great. I have seen many, many great photographers there, Paul Caponigro, Kenro Izu, Michael Kenna, Adams, Sexton..etc, etc.....In Dallas you can go to the Afterimage gallery, same deal...in New Orleans you can go to the A photography Gallery...great place....hundreds on photographs on the walls most by famous photographers.....and of course you have the french quarter...
    As far as NY goes, in Manhattan..well throw a rock and you will hit a gallery....lol. Many many good ones there. I will try to look back in my date timer....3 years ago and find you some good ones....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jorge @ Oct 23 2002, 06:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>hi Sean, I dont know if this would help you but in Houston, the John Cleary Gallery is outstanding and the owner is great. I have seen many, many great photographers there, Paul Caponigro, Kenro Izu, Michael Kenna, Adams, Sexton..etc, etc.....In Dallas you can go to the Afterimage gallery, same deal...in New Orleans you can go to the A photography Gallery...great place....hundreds on photographs on the walls most by famous photographers.....and of course you have the french quarter...
    As far as NY goes, in Manhattan..well throw a rock and you will hit a gallery....lol. Many many good ones there. I will try to look back in my date timer....3 years ago and find you some good ones....</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
    Cool&#33; thanks guys&#33; This is a good start

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin