Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,922   Posts: 1,584,979   Online: 1037

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

"All of Us": essay by Shelby Lee Adams

I just got an message from Shelby that he updated him website with the new essay.

We are fortunate to invite him for a workshop in May. We are also arranging a lecture/book signing occasion with him too.

Let me know if anyone is interested in attending these occasions.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I love Shelbys work and have been lucky enough to view his work at Stephan Bulger Gallery in Toronto, friends of mine have attended one of his workshops and are extremely complimentary about his abilities when teaching.
    Good luck with the workshops in Philly

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link.

I've never read anything by him or heard him interviewed, so it was nice to get inside his head about why he photographs as he does.

His point about how 'his people' don't institutionalize their elderly or handicaped family members, but have them as contributing members of the household explains much to me. They also aren't ashamed to bring them onto the porch for Adams camera. There's a lesson in that.

Thanks again,

Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    He really does fine work. I met him briefly once at a show at the Yossi Milo Gallery in Chelsea. May is going to be a fairly busy time for me, otherwise I'd really be interested in the workshop.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    His DVD, The True Meaning of Pictures, is very good. It includes his comment, mentioned above, about how holler folk don't hide their old or handicapped family members.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Shelby will be the Keynote Speaker at this year's View Camera Conference in Louisville, Ky the last weekend in June. He will also have a one-man show hanging in Louisville at the Paletti Gallery during that time and will be signing books.

He's a great photographer and a great guy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin