Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,630   Online: 1123

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

John Sexton's Book: WOW

I just got my copy of Sexton's Recollections, and all I can say is WOW! I got it after looking at part of it in Lens Work, and it looks even better in the book. The quality of his printing is just outstanding, and the technical details in the back are just a great extra feature. It has got me thinking of going back to my 4x5, after giving up on it. I'd be curious to hear people's comments on Sexton's workshops, any quick and easy tips you have gleaned from his work. Those of you who haven't seen his new book, take a look at a bookstore or library, really great quality printing.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I was very impressed with John Sexton and his work. I was lucky to see him at Silver Conference and he is a wonderful speaker, I the NASA work is outstanding.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I can speak for John's workshops. I attended one in 2004 and I am going to attend an advanced workshop this fall. While the workshop I attended was not a "working" workshop (The attendees did not print. John did demos), I learned a tremendous amount and put my notes into a spreadsheet so I would remember to do each of the things I promised myself I would do. My photography has improved quite a bit as a result. I am still not satisfied with my "final" prints. But who is? I can say that they are a whole lot better and a lot of that improvement is due to attention to fine details I learned from watching and listening to John. Besides all of that, he is a great guy to spend time with, his team (Anne Larsen, Laura Bayless) are very helpful , the location is the best, and much more. Highly recommended. I can hardly wait for this November.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been to The Expressive Print and Fine Tuning workshops. Both are very educational and fun. You're going from 8am to 11pm everyday and it's over before you know it. As Byron said, John and his team are great.

Jerry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin