Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,936   Online: 830

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I grabbed a copy based on all your recomendations (and my book shop had it in their monthly newsletter... $5 off too&#33 Cost me $42 AUS (divide by 3 to get pounds) which was pretty good, although the journey to get it was a drama... 20mins to get there, 5 mins in the shop and over an hour to get home due to a little buit of rain causing all the incompetent drivers to tippy toe everywhere and cause kaos! I'm going off to read the book now Will report back

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just ordered the book
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Snipped from the Pure-Silver list:

In addition, I can offer Les McLean's "Creative Black and White
    Photography" as well, see www.rhdesigns.co.uk/cbwp.html.

Both books are comprehensive texts on all aspects of pure silver photography, the major differences being that Ralph and Chris tend towards the technicalities while Les is concerned more with aesthetics. If in doubt, buy both :-)

Best wishes
    Richard
    end Snip

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I picked up a copy of Les's book today while in Hastings and will start poring over it when I get to work (I work the counter at a dry cleaners).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, since I'm heading to the US for 3 weeks (and being in South Carolina), I'll need something to do. So I just ordered the book from Amazon. Les you'll be happy to hear Amazon had a notice posted that there were only 3 left! Hopefully that is a good sign

I look forward to learning some of your techniques. Your posts in the gallery continue to -wow- me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you really need something to do, Stop in and say hi to my father. Then explain to him how important this photography thing is. He still has his doubts! Have a great time their, my wife and I have spent a lot of time their and love it. Every where you turn theirs a photo OP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My Dad is slowly coming around, maybe in 10 more years. Currently the digital marketing blitz has him brainwashed. He can't figure out why I bought an 8x10 camera and 12x12 enlarger instead of a 2 megapixel cannon powershot....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Generally, I like the reading of books when I'm trying to improve in something - shame it not works with my MTB or parent skills :-). I ordered this book from Amazon.co.uk and after few weeks of waiting I have got it.

This book is perfect book if you want improve your technical skills above some basic level, but there is something more interesting. Les McLean loves photography and he is a very, very good photographer and both of these points made from book something much more valuable.

I can only suggest this book for everybody, who is trying to express him/herself through photo. JK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    this is a truly excellent book

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm glad to hear the recommendations - I just ordered the book from Amazon and anticipate its arrival next week.
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin