Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,318   Online: 984

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would just like encourage Apug members to take a look at Black and White Photography magazine which is produced in England. I am sure many already have seen it, (it is available at Barnes and Noble Booksellers), I beleive it has been around for a little more than a year and is now a monthly publication. it has a wonderful mix of protfolios from the famous and readers, indepth articles and some of the best clear and consise technical articles on chemistry, printing, film cameras technique etc.

it is a perfect mag for beginners and should appeal to veterans in the same way as the much missed Camera and Darkroom and Darkroom Photographer magazines.

Les Mclean who is a Apug member is a monthly contributor and just added is Mike Johnston, the founder or Camera and Darkroom and regular columnist at Luminouslandscape.com.

While it is dedicated to only Black and White and does cover various aspects of digital photography I think it deserves a look from analogue funkies.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oops. I know we are all funky in are own ways. I meant analogue Junkies.
    Robert Adams

Images
    I have read a few issues of it and enjoy it. Good stuff.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    it's my fav mag at the moment...

just for interest, what month is currently available in the UK and other parts of the world? Here in Aust, we got the September edition a week or so ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    November is on the newsstand in the US. We will probably see the december issue 2nd or 3rd week this month.
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    they must send your's by plane and ours by slow boat!

Images
    LOL! I won't ruin it for you and tell you how the November issue ends
    hi!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I know I've said it before, here and on PN, but this magazine is surely one of the best out there. Why is it the Brit's seem to have the market cornered on quality B&W magazines? I finally have one bookstore in Calgary that brings in the magazine and calls me when it comes in. Just picked up the March issue!! I'm so excited. And lo and behold, guess what? Our own Ailsa is the editor! And Les Mclean has an article in there too.

I'm humbled.

Eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They carry that mag here in NZ too. It's chock full of great material, and usually blows my lunch break if spot a new issue in the shop.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jim68134 @ Dec 4 2002, 09:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    ... it is a perfect mag for beginners and should appeal to veterans in the same way as the much missed Camera and Darkroom and Darkroom Photographer&nbsp; magazines.

Les Mclean who is a Apug member is a monthly contributor and just added is Mike Johnston, the founder or Camera and Darkroom and regular columnist at Luminouslandscape.com.

While it is dedicated to only Black and White and does cover various aspects of digital photography I think it deserves a look from analogue funkies.</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Camera and Darkroom being missed is a gross understatement as far as I&#39;m concerned.

You&#39;ve got me convinced. *ANYTHING* to do with Camera and Darkroom would be enough to convince me.

I&#39;ll check out Borders and B&N.

Does "Black and White Photography" have a web site?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin