Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,201   Online: 694

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    On a couple of the sample pages of images there were noticable Moire' patterns. Do these patterns exist in the reprint of 1-4?

Thanks,

Gene

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Jeremy;480683
    the 2nd volume is nearing completion, but i am considering releasing them once a month/every 6 weeks/every 2 months. this is not the only digitization project i'm working on (2 others are in the works). Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Jeremy,
    When ever you release the second vol. don't be concerned if first vol. buyers don't jump immediately. They simply may be away on vacation and won't know. I leave tomorrow for two weeks, another APUG friend is taking his family to the mountains for three weeks. This is a great project.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got my copy, great job! I am waiting for the next....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The images do not show the pattern you refer to. They are not photo-quality, however. But certainly good enough to use with the Taschen book at your elbow for some better looks at some of the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene_Laughter View Post
    On a couple of the sample pages of images there were noticable Moire' patterns. Do these patterns exist in the reprint of 1-4?

Thanks,

Gene
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian View Post
    Speaking of Stieglitz..
    I am reading
    The Moment Of Seeing: Minor White at the CSFA, and it mentions something that I beleive is attributed to Stieglitz.
    "The Theory of Equivalants"
    Is that something Stieglitz came up with or was it someone else?
    I haven't found any good information on this theory, that is why I am asking here.
    Brian
    Brian,
    "Equivalence" was a Stieglitz concept built on further by Minor White. This article may be of interest to you:

http://www.jnevins.com/whitereading.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got my copy today, Thank you I will be looking forward for Vol #2
    wbill

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Got it at 4 am....thanks....good idea Jeremy!

Dave in Vegas
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm quite a bit behind in finishing the 2nd volume as my computer decided to melt down and I don't save the files to the scanning computer at my office--i.e. I have to rescan issues 5-8 now. Add on we just moved into a house, are planning a wedding, and school starts up again in 2 weeks and all I can say is that the volumes will be out as soon as I can finish them. I apologize for the books not being out on a consistent schedule, but *consistent schedule* isn't really part of my on-the-go life at the moment. I will post to APUG whenever there's a new volume released.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Jeremy,

I received my copy....very enjoyable and will look for your future post on the next issue....just love those period ads!
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I'm quite a bit behind in finishing the 2nd volume as my computer decided to melt down and I don't save the files to the scanning computer at my office--i.e. I have to rescan issues 5-8 now. Add on we just moved into a house, are planning a wedding, and school starts up again in 2 weeks and all I can say is that the volumes will be out as soon as I can finish them. I apologize for the books not being out on a consistent schedule, but *consistent schedule* isn't really part of my on-the-go life at the moment. I will post to APUG whenever there's a new volume released.
    Jeremy,

Recover from the bad stuff. Concentrate on the good. What you are doing is appreciated. Michael and Paula have taught us to be patient and that good stuff is worth the wait.

John Powers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin