Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,040   Online: 1062

[for now] Arizona, U. S. A. [near future?] "Land of Enchantment"[NM]
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

The books I got. . .

for my birthday:
    Time/Life Life Library --"The Print"; "The Camera"; "Light and Film". As well as 3 non-photographic books: "Little House on the Praire" and "On the Banks of Plum Creek" both by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and "Life's Little Instruction Book" author not recalled, book is being read by others in household .
    So, I'd say a pretty good birthday for some one who slowly creeping toward the big 5-0!!
    [FONT=Verdana]"the real truth of a photographic image is in its ability to evoke emotion."--Bryan Peterson[/FONT]
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]My Muse wheels Herself about in a wheel-chair![/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy birthday Wheelie! Those Time-Life photography books are classic. They were the unofficial documents of the photography mania of the 70's when SLR's came into their own and there even was a regular photography column in the Sunday New York Times. We still have a set, and I revisit them from time to time.

Anyway....and again....Happy Birthday! You've still got a bit more than a decade to go and still be 'middle aged' which sure beats the shock I got last October when I hit 60. You can tease middle age out through the very last day of your 59th year, but then you're just plain old! hehehe....(time for senior discounts...goody, goody!)
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Middle aged = 10 years older than you are, regardless of your age. Until threescore years and ten, maybe.

And happy birthday -- I'm 57 next Friday, and my father is 80 on Tuesday.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy b-day Wheely. You're still young!
    The Time/Life books were a big help when I first got serious about photography. Happy reading.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy birthday Wheely, don't know your name, and Roger, Im just two years behind you. Happy birthday to both of you and many many more.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That Time Life series is great. Nevertheless, at book sales here they seem to be glued to the rack…
    I must admit intentionally I have not got the whole series in house, knowing that there are enough copies around to get that mint copy at a bargain price whenever I feel the need to get the missing copies into my library. My favorite is `Frontiers of Photography, 1972´.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin