Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,952   Posts: 1,586,004   Online: 783

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Stills Gallery, Sydney

Yesterday I took the opportunity to sneak away from the conference I was attending to check out Stills Gallery in Paddington. I was mainly hoping to see some of Trent Parke's work. Unfortunately none of his work was currently on display. The three or so exhibitions currently on display were not really to my taste, although the one which could be described as "still lives" was quite high standard work. My trip was not completely wasted as I browsed the Trent Parke catalog folder, so I got to see some of his more recent work, much of which is colour. Several of the colour street shots still had that classic Trent Parke look, which I would describe as a luminosity. I realised later that I should have tried to catch up with any Sydney APUGers who may have been able to catch up for a coffee or a beer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    I realised later that I should have tried to catch up with any Sydney APUGers who may have been able to catch up for a coffee or a beer.
    So I gather that no Sydney APUGers would have been available for a quick coffee or beer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are still in Sydney, or anyone else, tomorrow (Sat 7th) is the last day to check out the Contacts exhibition at the ACP.
    Australian Centre for Photography, Oxford St. Paddington.
    Marking the 30th anniversary of one of the world's top photojournalist agencies this exhibition offers a rare insight into the making of some of the most iconic news images of the past three decades. Built around thirty giant contact sheets, each containing a now-famous image, the exhibition reveals the sequence of events before and after that moment giving a fresh insight into both the circumstances of the shoot and the decisions made in editing. Founded in 1976, Contact has documented an era that saw the end of Apartheid, the fall of the Berlin Wall, the dismantling of the Soviet Empire, revolution in Central America, the opening up of China, genocide in Africa, ethnic tension in the Balkans, the birth of the Internet and the War on Terror.
    Quote from the ACP site. Excellent exhibition. The giant proof sheets look great.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin