Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,696   Online: 1166

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

Ansel Adams & Edwin Land at Palmer Museum, State College Pennsylvania

http://www.psu.edu/dept/palmermuseum/exhibitions.html

I just came back from this show and it's fantastic. The Ansel prints are among the best I've ever seen, the letters between Adams and Land show a true friendship and mutual admiration and there's technical notes in Ansel's own hand accompanying test images of early Polaroid prototype materials that give great insight into both of their development. This fairly new museum in the middle of the Penn State University campus is free and 1/4 mile or so from $1 hourly parking at the Bigler St. garage and "The Creamery", home of what is regarded by many as the best ice cream on earth.
    $2.50 gets you a monumental sized cone. Enjoy!
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am going to try to catch that soon.. I saw Adams' work when I was out in Sacramento in March.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Its good that the letters between Adams and Land still exist. I have read that Land ordered all his personal papers destroyed upon his death, and they were.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sistinedream View Post
    I am going to try to catch that soon.. I saw Adams' work when I was out in Sacramento in March.
    Good to hear. These are beautiful prints. Make sure to get to The Creamery.
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin